cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New hub 5, upload 100Mb, download 40Mb

Kawadadi
On our wavelength

Today I installed a hub 5.  Getting 100Mb on the upload,  40Mb ish on the download.  Cable connection.  Going online to do their fault find just re-sets  the box and means I have to wait twenty minutes again and again.  Is there a way to speak to somebody, very bad service if I can't?  Wish I'd gone with Zen a this moment, the reason I kept Virgin was because I didn't want any hassles changing over.    I don't use Whatsapp but it looks like I have to install it and then wait for somebody to get back to me.  

13 REPLIES 13

Kawadadi
On our wavelength

Primary Downstream Service Flow

SFIDMax Traffic RateMax Traffic BurstMin Traffic RateSFIDMax Traffic RateMax Traffic BurstMin Traffic Rate
1200000450 bps
42600bytes
0 bps
128000 bps
4000bytes
0 bps

Primary Upstream Service Flow

SFIDMax Traffic RateMax Traffic BurstMin Traffic RateMax Concatenated BurstScheduling TypeSFIDMax Traffic RateMax Traffic BurstMin Traffic RateMax Concatenated BurstScheduling Type
110000274 bps
42600bytes
0 bps
42600bytes
Best Effort
128000 bps
4000bytes
0 bps
1522bytes
Best Effort
Kawadadi_0-1711548684382.png

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

hmm 0.0 packet loss guess thats for upstream? your downstream must be shot or bad routeing or a bad [REMOVED] DDOS

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate language removed, please review the Forum Guidelines]

---------------------------------------------------------------

Kawadadi
On our wavelength

I have one of these in my roof space, vintage 21 yrs it has been there, min roof space.JPGmight it be the problem?

Kawadadi
On our wavelength

Engineer has just been. He replaced some connector-type things, and re-terminated some cables.  And poked around in the gubbins under the man-hole cover in the pavement outside my house.  It tested at 250Mps on the Virgin speed test site as usual (via cat 6 cable). He told me to try on Ookla, which showed 450Mbs down and 100 up. He said he is getting 700 on his phone, and told me it might get better during the next few days, and that the next step would be to renew all the cables from the pavement to the router.