cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help me fix my broadband

bubblegun23
Tuning in

My broadband is rubbish. It downloads really fast but the connection is really poor for any normal usage. Streaming is patchy, music streaming stops frequently, internet radio cuts out every few minutes. I have a BQM running from thinkbroadband and it looks terrible. I used this when I had Sky Broadband and it looked much less noisy so its something to do with my line. I'm in a FTTP RFoG area. Its been on and off like this for a year.My BQM 

I have: 500Mb RFoG broadband, Virgin TV360, and voip telephone.
63 REPLIES 63

bubblegun23
Tuning in

Thanks to Natalie_L there's an engineer booked for tomorrow to "investigate further".

Wonder if he'll know anything about why he's coming, before he gets here.

Hopefully this solution sticks, whatever it may be.

I did think that with RFOG being relatively new and the network having just been installed that issues like this consistant problem wouldn't happen.

bubblegun23
Tuning in

The engineer has been and gone. 

He removed a splitter from the brown box on the wall outside which had 4 or 5 outputs and he said replaced it with one that had less outputs so it shouldn't affect the signal as much. He showed me an app on his phone to indicate the DOCSIS 3.0 and 3.1 channels and he said a lot of them were red when he first got there and after changing the splitter they were all now green. He said this should make the connection more resilient if the network is busy.

Since he left I have been streaming music without any interuptions so far. Hopefully this fix lasts this time.

So its been about 3 months and no issues, so I think this is resolved now. 🙂

Hey bubblegun23, thank you for reaching out and we are happy to hear this.

If you do need anything in the near future please do let us know. Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?