Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin media green box

Miraz
Joining in

17007481391192511116460193602272.jpg

Hi all

We have recently had a new green box fitted front of my property. There is already an old box fitted. The new one has been fitted few feet down and now looks really ugly. I have logged in a complaint as no one knock on my door and I did not know this was going ahead. No one was at home while this box was being installed. I want the new box to be fitted in next to the old one which does seem the case as this was the case across the street. 

I am looking for a quick resolution but not getting any response from the complaint I logged and virgin media does not have a point of contact for street work or field work ops.

4 REPLIES 4

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

That looks like a street cabinet servicing multiple users.  Is the really on your property it looks as if it the council maintained pavement - if so it is they that will have given permission for the install.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Unfortunately if it's on the public pavement there is nothing you can do. Moving the cabinet would not be easy anyway as that would mean also moving all the cables leading to it underground. 

The cabinet appears to be directly under a window. I hope this window is secure because the cabinet could give a burglar a useful 'leg up'. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It could also be one of the new cabinets for the XGS-PON roll out?  There was one installed several months ago just beside one of our local VM cabinets.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Miraz 

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. 

The placement of cabinets are planned in advance alongside the local council, and it is the local council who will have granted permission to have the cabinet installed where it is placed. This is usually decided and agreed upon due to the cabling infrastructure that's already in place.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs