cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Connect App can’t see my Hub 5 router but internet is fine

SteveP62
On our wavelength

I’ve just received my new Hub 5 router, which is working very well so far and indeed, there seems to be a marked improvement in the WiFi strength and spread over the Hub 4. 
My only issue to date is that the Virgin Connect App can’t see my Hub 5 router. I’ve tried re-booting and resetting the router numerous times, deleting the app cache and deleting and re-installing the app and all of these in different orders, but to no avail.

It searches but on everyone occasion, can’t find the hub and invites me to re-install my hub (which I have done but as I say, it’s working fine and providing wired and wireless connectivity without issue).

I believe VM have recognised an issue with some of their customers but any ideas or suggestions greatly appreciated. 

Thank you.

Steve P 

68 REPLIES 68

SteveP62
On our wavelength

Nathan,

Thank you, I look forward to having the app work; Hopefully the solution will not involve altering router settings.

Merry Christmas and also thanks and season greetings to everyone else who has had an input to this thread.

Steve 

SteveP62
On our wavelength

Hi all, this may or may not be of assistance to the VM people looking at this issue.

I was watching streaming TV at around midnight a couple of nights back and the picture froze. I looked at my Hub 5 router and the LED was blue; It appeared that the router was re-booting have perhaps received an auto-update? After a free minutes, the LED reverted to the usual steady white and the TV programme began streaming again. Since then all has been normal. 

After this happened I thought I would try the Connect app and lo and behold, I could see the hub and all my connected devices. The next morning, having done nothing and not changed any settings on the Hub 5 or my app, it reverted to type and I could not see the app or devices again. It’s the same as I write.

Whether or not this helps, I don’t know but I just felt the more info VM have the better chance they have of getting this sorted (sooner).

SteveP62

JohnWin
On our wavelength

Thanks Steve - it has not improved at my system I'm afraid.

Ah well, who knows what the new year might bring!

John

Hi there @SteveP62

We're sorry to hear you're having an issue with the Connect App recognising your Hub.

The first thing to be aware of is you need to be connected to your Home Wi-Fi in order for the app to connect to the Hub. It won't allow the connection if you're on a different Wi-Fi network, Guest network on your own Wi-Fi, VPN, or mobile data. If this still doesn't help, try clearing the data within the Connect App. These steps will help you do that:

For your Apple device, if you're on iOS 15 then you can try this: Open Settings > Tap your name > Tap iCloud > Tap Manage Settings > Tap the Connect App > Tap Delete Data.

If you're on iOS 16 then just delete the app from your device, restart the handset, and then re-download the Connect App. 

For your Android device, you can try this: Open settings > Apps > Connect App > Storage > Clear data / Clear cache. 

If this also fails then we currently have a known error with some of the data in our systems that's causing the app to not recognise the Hub in a minority of instances. We're already investigating this as a high priority.

Pop back and keep us posted. 

Thanks

Hi Ash,

Thanks for your post but as I have pointed out to several others previously, in iOS 15 under: Open Settings > Your name > iCloud >  there is NOT  a 'Manage Settings' selection available?

I am not sure where the delete data selection for the VM Connect app resides. I can't find it?

Best regards,

Steve

Hi Ash,

I have done all of these steps and it still doesn't recognise the Hub 5. It has no problem seeing the pods that I have though.

Do you have a timeline for the fix of this known problem?

Thanks

John

Hi JohnWin,

We don't have an estimated fix time currently, however this is under investigation as a high priority.

We do apologise for any inconvenience caused due to this issue.

Kind regards Jodi. 

SteveP62
On our wavelength

Hi folks,

So whilst VM sort this out, is it possible for me to get hold of one or two of the free-issue VM wi-fi pods? Even with the Hub 5 router, I still have black spots in my property and I hear they are very good at resolving such issues. 

My issue is that without the connect app working, I can’t do the test and so am unable to apply for my first pod.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Stevep62

JohnWin
On our wavelength

Hi Steve,

I just rang the help desk and ordered the Pod - they were really helpful. You can only order and install one at a time and then, if you still have problems order another. It takes about a week for each of them to settle at my house to provide the best coverage. The installation is fairly straightforward with or without the App.

The Pods have resolved all of my range issues and I how have a robust mesh setup.

Hope that helps

John

SteveP62
On our wavelength

John,

Thank you very much for that info, I will give them a call.

Happy new year!

Steve