cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User already logged in (when not) on hub

wiry
On our wavelength

Recently, when I want to configure my hub 3.0 for port forwarding etc, I get this when I try to log in. No one is logged in, I even made sure to log out of my last session, but it still does this:
"Please Note!
Someone else is currently logged into the settings page. Only one session at a time is allowed. Please try again later."

I've had to reboot my hub 3.0 with the pin button to fix this, only for it to come back when I try to log in the second time, unplugging the hub 3.0 from power doesn't make a difference (I had it disconnected for 10/15 minutes and it still didn't work afterwards).

note.png

196 REPLIES 196

This is absolutely a bug in the firmware on Virgin's Hub, but you can bypass it, because the logic is occurring client side.

In Chrome you can modify the source file by bringing up "Inspect", going to the "Source" tab and navigating to the file "base.js". 

bruint_0-1605734801608.png

Open this file and Ctrl+F for:

if ( isMultiLogin(loggedInVal, id) ){

Change the line to:

if ( false !== false ) {

Ctrl+S to save the file locally (If you refresh the page it will go back to the original version of the file)

This will bypass their stupid logic and let you sign in.

Z92
Trouble shooter

Next detective work there bruint! I've only had this problem once and a quick power cycle fixed it for me. That said I almost never go into the settings as there's no need as I don't trust the box to do anything other than a simple modem. 

wiry
On our wavelength

I reckon I could make a tampermonkey script to fix that then.

DJCopa
On our wavelength

The same issue as everyone else - Never used Connect app, logged into Router to split the 2G + 5G as WiFi has recently dive-bombed.

All of a sudden, can no longer login.

This fixed for me - Can now access so thanks very much 🙂

Hi Bruint.

After coming back to this issue some 4 months after originally posting and our broadband going down today, I faced the dreaded "some one is already logged in.

Reset the router and amended the source file, logged out and closed the page around 5 times, logged in every time.

Thanks for the info.

Steve.

Alas, I spoke too soon. The router is up to its normal tricks again.

Will have to investigate later this week.

Steve.

ad_space
Joining in

Are people still having this problem? I've just tried to login today and seen this error for the first time.

I've read through this whole thread and tried every solution but to no avail. When trying to modify the JS file, the line of code did not exist.

I've also NEVER used the app and only login via a browser.

wiry
On our wavelength

I observed that the js was no longer present when I was trying to make a tampermonkey script for it, the code executing the logic seems to have been changed, even if the logic itself has not.

There is a bug in the js script - or it is not compatible with Safari or Chrome. 

I am using Firefox in Mac and it works like a charm. 

/Sam 

wiry
On our wavelength

I'll be honest, the code in general is a bit shoddy, it uses *four* versions of jquery (a library that has become completely irrelevant now that js is universal accepted) and has horrible code.
When this occurs, it is a code bug.