cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User already logged in (when not) on hub

wiry
On our wavelength

Recently, when I want to configure my hub 3.0 for port forwarding etc, I get this when I try to log in. No one is logged in, I even made sure to log out of my last session, but it still does this:
"Please Note!
Someone else is currently logged into the settings page. Only one session at a time is allowed. Please try again later."

I've had to reboot my hub 3.0 with the pin button to fix this, only for it to come back when I try to log in the second time, unplugging the hub 3.0 from power doesn't make a difference (I had it disconnected for 10/15 minutes and it still didn't work afterwards).

note.png

196 REPLIES 196

Hi All,

I'm sorry you're still having issues and you've not had the help you need up to now. 

If you'd like me to take a look in to this, then please pop me a private message with your details and I'll investigate.

Thanks

Melissa

Hi Melissa,

Could you please clarify why the need for private messages as we all have the same problem and looking at this issue from an individual customer point-of-view is not going to help. We all need the same solution, so other than providing our personal details, it would be better you provided any solutions on here for us all to see.

Also, other than what other forum staff have already tried, such as a tech visit, reset router, what are you planning to do differently?

We all know the actual solution to this problem is to either provide a firmware update/fix or change to a different version router.

Hi Superhub3,

If a pin hole reset hasn't helped, then I'd look at a replacing the hub. Again, if this doesn't work, then I can look at raising with another of our teams here for each individual person. I would need details to do this which is why I'm offering a PM.

Thanks

Melissa

karmic1
On our wavelength

I’ve already had an engineer out, who was great but ultimately resolved neither of my issues.

im afraid you’ve lost me as a long term customer, which is a shame, but I’ll be going next month. I’m sure lots more will too, sadly.

Melissa as much as I appreciate your assistance, you seem to be missing the point - This is not a one customer issue, but multiple customers complaining over and over again about the same problem.

There's no need to send a tech as a tech has already been to my house for this and ruled out replacing the hub as a futile and wasteful exercise, because this problem is nothing to do with a faulty hub.

The problem is being caused by a bug in the router's firmware which thinks that the user is constantly logged in. Unless you plan to replace the Superhub3 with a completely different version, we're going to get the same problem again.

I agree with karmic - We seem to be going around in circles here because even though the Forum staff clearly know that the real solution to fix this is to escalate it to that department/team that handles issues relating to the superhub firmware for them to assess. A simple tweak and update from them will fix this problem.  But unfortunately you're turning a blind-eye to this issue and subsequently losing many customers in the process.

Melissa - The problem should be addressed in the forum. Do not use the old customer services trick of divide and conqueror. No one will be private messaging you until you give us a plan. The plans main detail must indicate what will happen when the router is replaced with a new one and the problem still occurs. If it is a firmware problem, which we all 'know' it is. Do not delay the action with the second customer services trick of getting customers to aim for more and more time intensive 'possible fixes' hoping most will drop away. Your engineers know there is a problem/s with the firmware and the router. Be honest, let us know what they are and an approx time frame of when they will be fixed, please.

JohnGregory
Tuning in

Also getting this issue, not using the app but the web interface. Please fix.

I am having the same issue, also the hub always drops connection

I have the problem but have not got, or ever had, the Connect App.

@NickC4555 wrote:
I have the problem but have not got, or ever had, the Connect App.

This sometimes happens when you login with Wi-Fi and then either reboot or change to an ethernet connection.

To get back in do a factory reset using this exact method ...

DO NOT DO THIS if the password on the base of the Hub is not legible or missing.

Instructions for Hub 3

Disconnect all unneeded ethernet cables from the rear of the Hub.

With the Hub Powered on use a paperclip or similar (I use a mobile phone SIM Slot tool) and do a pinhole reset.

Depress the pinhole switch for a timed 60 seconds then release.

DO NOT reboot the hub but allow it 5 to 10 minutes for it to boot itself up.

Once a steady white and no other lights are illuminated check your system again.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.