cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order Cancelled

bottlemonk
Tuning in

Hi,

Virgin Fibre was just made available down my street so I put in an order on the 5th which went through fine. 2 lads came out to install the box on the outside and when they had finished informed me that they couldnt complete the install due to a junction box on the street not being there. They said the problem had been escalated with their team lead and that Virgin would be in touch.

I was contacted this morning through a mobile chat service and advised to message back. I called instead, after being on hold for 20 mins I spoke to someone who advised the order had been canceled. I asked why but they were unable to help, they put me through to someone else. I repeated everything to the second person and asked what happens next, the call handler was unable to provide and help other than to say this was a pre-install issue and that they would now put me through to the team to discuss.

I waited again for approx 30 mins for someone to answer in the same manner as the previous folk, it did not appear they were anything to do with a pre-install team. I went through everything again with this person and was assured that "...this problem would be 100% resolved!". The gentleman then put me on hold while they attempted to contact another team. After several apologies for taking this long I was transferred to someone else who asked what the problem was. I explained the issue and was then hung up on.

I decided to raise a complaint asking them to establish what is going on, whats going to happen next and how long it will take. I've just had a response from the complaints team advising that

------

Here's what we offer as a resolution:
Billing ->Billing corrected

We hope this works for you.
-----
I have no idea what this means. When attemnpting to track the complaint and respond it owuld now appear that my account has been disconnected as well and I'm unable to raise any further complaints or progress existing ones.

Sorry for the long post but I'm just so disappointed and not sure what to do next. I've got a box installed on the outside of my house and no idea why the install was cancelled or what will happen next.

If anyone can help it would be much appreciated.

Mike

3 REPLIES 3

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Read this recent past topic which sounds very similar

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/QuickStart-set-up-and/Moved-into-refurbished-estate-but-AMP-mov...

you may well expect the same sort of run-around.

You can place no confidence whatsoever in anything VM tells you as the information is relayed through so many different layers of the organisation and its sub-contractors that whatever the real message is, it is often totally mangled, incomprehensible and inaccurate or simply wrong by the time the information reaches the customer.

You should start keeping a detailed record of events (dates, times of all calls, messages, texts etc. along with any missed appointments and failed appointments where someone turns up but no work was carried out). Keep the record in a timeline format with links from the timeline to each piece of recorded evidence. This will make it easy for you in the future to put forward a case to arbitration for the correct compensation, should that be necessary.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/billing-and-payments/automatic-compensation

You can choose to wait it out a bit longer and put in some temporary connectivity to keep you online (such as a temporary Openreach connection on a rolling 30 day contract or an unlimited data SIM on a 30 days rolling contract) but no point in doing that if your order really has been cancelled.

Worth noting that if your order has been cancelled, VM has to pay you the compensation for a further 30 days beyond any 'cease notice'.

In the topics on here for delayed installations, you will find that VM regularly tries to reduce paying what compo is due or tries to avoid paying at all. This is why keeping detailed notes is important as you may need to escalate to arbitration to get paid.

Thank you for the sound advice.

Hi @bottlemonk 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Very sorry to hear of this experience. 

I'll send you a PM now to assist further.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill