cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No virgin socket

Fotios
Joining in

Hello

I just moved to a new apartment and Virgin broadband is available in this area, I received my Hub 3 today plugged all the cables( Sat 1+2 sockets)but only the green light keep flashing. There are no virgin sockets on the wall.

I have booked a technician but I don't know if i have to inform them about that i don't have virgin sockets before they visit me.

Thanks 

IMG_20230919_223003.jpg

4 REPLIES 4

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Apartments usually have a "comms distribution cabinet" and the cables from your SAT will terminate there.  The VM engineer will just connect in this cabinet.  There is no need to inform them of your "missing" VM socket.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

goslow
Alessandro Volta

If you do have such a comm's cabinet you will need to make sure the VM tech can gain access to it when they arrive. They are often on a timed visit so probably won't be keen to hang around while a key is located, if a key is required.

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Fotios, 

Thanks for taking the time to post in our Community. 

I can see my colleague has just replied to your thread here: Green light flashing, set up

Please make sure you are only posting once about your issue. If you need to update the thread then just reply to your original thread rather than creating a new one. We understand it's frustrating when something's not right however posting more than once about the same fault makes the boards look busier than what they actually are. It also means we could take longer to reply due to needing to sift through duplicate posts.

Have a look at Jodi's reply on the other thread and stick with that one so we keep all the information in one place. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Helllo

Two engineers cane and visit the property and they couldn't find nothing ( Virgin box outside, etc.) anywhere.They put it through as a false and report it. VM said to me that my area and building is servicaeble but the engineers told me that, it shows that because its a new block and they will add in the future or they build on an old one and remove everything. I cancelled my contract and order a new broadband company.