cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Joining virgin

Slater1884
Joining in

Hi I'm wanting to join virgin and can't find my address on the address checker. After a bit of research turns out my neighbour has two vigin lines so I'm assuming one of those is mine? My neighbours on the other side have virgin also but I believe the house with two lines is the issue. The reason have two lines is because they run a business from their home and have a massive extension.  I would really like to join virgin as sky are shocking. Please help 

5 REPLIES 5

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

That doesn't stop you having a new line, if there is spare capacity in the local street cabinet. But if you think Sky is bad... 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

VM-Jon
Problem sorter

Hi @Slater1884 

Thank you for reaching out to us here, welcome to the community.

There could be a number of reasons why one property could receive service and not another. It’s very difficult to say without understanding it a little more so I would like to take a look at this for you and see what I can do to help. In order to do so I will need a little bit more detail so I will send you a private message.

Once we have a better understanding we may be able to escalate this to one of our team to resolve for you because we would love to have you as a customer.

Thank you

Jon

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Slater1884, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear you've been having some issues with signing up for Virgin Media services. 

As mentioned already, your neighbour having more than one connection would not affect your address so something else will be at play. 

I can see Jon has offered to get in touch to help further. Do you have more information now or do you still need some information? 

Pop back and let us know how you get on. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Slater1884 wrote:

Hi I'm wanting to join virgin and can't find my address on the address checker. After a bit of research turns out my neighbour has two vigin lines so I'm assuming one of those is mine? My neighbours on the other side have virgin also but I believe the house with two lines is the issue. The reason have two lines is because they run a business from their home and have a massive extension.  I would really like to join virgin as sky are shocking. Please help 

The service feed in HFC areas has two cables. One is copper coaxial for the Broadband & TV. The other is a telephone cable exclusively for the phone service.

Phone services are now becoming hub based, so any new connections will only require the coaxial cable.

Residential & Business are separate connections, but as long as there are spare taps in the cabinet it won't be an issue.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

Your neighbour might have a business account and a residential account, but only a single coaxial cable into his house with a splitter so that there is a cable for business and another for residential. You should be able to get your own coaxial cable.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection