cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No light on the line - partially activated account

amh0187
On our wavelength

Sooooo

where to begin. Virgin media went live in my area on October 10th and I placed an order on the 10th as all other broadband in our area is shocking. My install was arranged for the 14th November. On Friday the 10th the 3rd party came out and put the cable from the pole to my house but noted the port that had been assigned to my property had no light and would require someone to investigate this before I could go live and that although they could see other ports had lights they are not allowed to move port as each port is assigned to a property. 

the morning of the 14th the engineer called me and said there is no point in him coming as there is no light on the line. 14th came and went and having spoken to virgin ever day since then I keep getting told that my account is partially active even though it shouldn’t be as nothing has been installed but because of this the system won’t let them do anything at all. All they can do is log a complaint and send it to the local field area manager via email and wait for a response. I’m nearly a week in from my activation and still have no idea what’s going on. 

I also suspect because my account is partially active it won’t qualify for the auto compensation but I’ll be challenging that should they not credit me. 

anyone help on here as I’m going round in circles?? 

6 REPLIES 6

goslow
Alessandro Volta

There have been a few similar-sounding stories on here recently about incorrect setup and provisioning for new customers on fibre.

Ref the compensation, you should certainly be entitled to some! If VM has failed to activate your account on the 'date initially confirmed in writing' then you are entitled to £5.83 per day.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/billing-and-payments/automatic-compensation

If VM is saying your account is activated but has a fault then you have a total loss of service and your are due £9.83 per day once the payment trigger time of 2 full working days has elapsed.

You should start keeping a detailed record of events (dates, times of all calls, messages, texts etc. along with any missed appointments and failed appointments where someone turns up but no work was carried out). Keep the record in a timeline format with links from the timeline to each piece of recorded evidence. This will make it easy for you in the future to put forward a case to arbitration for the correct compensation, should that be necessary.

amh0187
On our wavelength

Hi Goslow

thanks for that, i keep getting whenever i speak to them "oh this is our new network we don't know much about this ill escalate this but you wont get a reply today ill call you back tomorrow or the day after" 

Thanks for the advice regrding the timeline i have already been doing this as i can see this going on for some time as the escalations made so far seem to have gone no where so im guessing this is going to take some time looking at other peoples experiences! 

will keep this thread updated with if and how this progresses

amh0187
On our wavelength

So here is the latest and greatest 2 weeks after I should have gone live. 
basically no one seemingly knows what’s happening and everyone just “escalates” gives me 24-48 hour wait time and surprise surprise no one ever has an update. 

today we stooped to a new low and started cold transferring me between depts so it took an hour for me to get the usual “I have escalated and wait 24-48 hours” 

so I’m now starting to accept I probably won’t ever get services 😂 any help from anyone at all will be useful as I’m going round in never ending circles. 

Hi amh0187, 

Thanks for your post and for updating us in the Community. 

I'm really sorry to hear that we've had to put the installation on hold for now due to further works being needed to be completed. 

Whilst this isn't ideal, it does happen on occasions due to the way we provide our network. Sometimes this can take around 10 weeks to complete depending on the issue at hand. 

Whilst we're not able to expedite things, I'm happy to take a look at things for you to have the latest update. I can also get a complaint raised to ensure the relevant teams are aware. 

I have sent you a direct message to allow us to do this with you in a private space. If you are using a PC/Laptop then you can just click on the little ✉ at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox. If you are on a mobile/tablet device then instead click on the little circle icon in the top right then select 'Messages'. 😊

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

amh0187
On our wavelength

So Here is a little update to the saga that continues.

i had a fault engineer come round to take a look ( BTW i still have no kit installed yet) he checks the omibox and confirms there is still a fault on the line and that it will be in either the overground loop or on the over ground pole (its all overground round here) and that he would have a look into this, 2.5 hours later i get an email stating "your stream services have been cancelled" a bit concerned i call up to be told my entire account had been cancelled! when thy check the notes it states "requested by customer" however i never requested this, so no they start to set me up a new account......

i get a new account set up wit ha new install date (yesterday 2nd jan 24) but before that a site manager comes to speak to me (week before xmas) and he is spitting feathers that this isnt fixed yet as he is the local manager for the area and wants it sorting ASAP and still i dont hear anything, so the engineer comes yesterday to do the install and there is still no light on the line meaning the overhead fault still exists! 

So im approx 2.5 months from my initial order and still i have no services!! The fun continues 🤣 will keep you all posted how we go over the coming weeks. 

(oh and ive been told i cant have compo so that will be getting rasied when this whole mess is sorted) 

take care and happy new year! 

A

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Sincere apologies for the issues faced, 

Regarding the matter at hand did the team advise a timeframe for a response?

Let us know,

Kain