cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No engineer - Install not done

Markab17
Tuning in

After signing up for Virgin media this week, I was sent an email for a date the engineer would be coming to install my kit. The time given was 1pm to 6pm, on the 1st September. I took a day off work so I could be here. Waited in all day. Six pm came, no engineer. And no message or email to say why, or to arrange another date. If this is how Virgin treat new customers its terrible.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

goslow
Alessandro Volta

You will be entitled to £29.15 for a technician no-show with less than 24 hours notice if this was for the installation of your equipment and activation of your services.

£5.83 for each additional day beyond the date initially confirmed in writing when VM said it would activate your services.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/billing-and-payments/automatic-compensation

Do you already have a VM cable from the street cabinet to your home?

Keep a good record of that installation date notification for today as evidence. It may be significant for any future compensation claim.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

goslow
Alessandro Volta

You will be entitled to £29.15 for a technician no-show with less than 24 hours notice if this was for the installation of your equipment and activation of your services.

£5.83 for each additional day beyond the date initially confirmed in writing when VM said it would activate your services.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/billing-and-payments/automatic-compensation

Do you already have a VM cable from the street cabinet to your home?

Keep a good record of that installation date notification for today as evidence. It may be significant for any future compensation claim.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Markab17 👋

A warm welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. 

I am sorry to hear the engineer visit did not go ahead. Appreciate that isn't ideal.

I'd love to take a closer look into this so will pop you a PM 📩 now and we can take it from there.

Thanks and speak soon 😊

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks for your reply. There is some kind of VM box on the wall in the living room so I'm guessing I'm already connected to the cabinet in the street. I've just recently moved in.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your time via PM @Markab17 

I hope I was able to clarify things for you.

Let us know if we can help with anything else.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Markab17
Tuning in

This is a message to the moderator.  Since I was sat in the house all day on Friday waiting for an engineer that was never going to turn up because Virgin cancelled my order, I would be grateful if you could delete all the details you have on file re my application. My name, address, phone number and email address. And send me proof that it's been removed.

Thanks.

Mark

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Why did VM cancel your order?

In your other topic, you seemed to suggest you already had a VM connection/cable in place.

Hi @Markab17 thanks for your reply here.

We can see you are in communications with Ayisha so if you do require further assistance with this then please message her directly, and she can ensure everything is cancelled down correctly for you.

Many thanks

Tom_W