cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation and Activation Woes

JNM24
Joining in

Signed up back in November for the Ultimate Volt Bundle, all pre-work was completed on the 6th November and interior installation was done on the 25th. However, when the engineer did the installation he found a handwritten note saying they found no signal. He reported this as a total loss of service and we were activated as he'd done the installed. He suggested it would be a few days and someone would repull the cable. 

Fast forward 40 days and 7 booked appointments later between Kelly Communications and Virgin Media and i've had 2 repulls, 2 appointments where an internal engineer has been mistakenly sent, 1 missed appointment but still no services. After the 6th visit they discovered that i'd been connected to an old cabinet within a BT floorway and ended up finding the correct T around 3 ft from this floorway, they then said they needed to get permission to dig to cable that to my property so I was booked for around 3 weeks later. They missed this appointment yesterday and i've now been told I can't get rebooked for another two weeks by which time I will have had 55 days of no services, hours spent on the phone dealing with the issues and I've had to sign up for another provider in the meantime as my previous contract was ended as I was told the exterior work was all complete.

Does anyone have a similar situation, were you able to get any luck speaking to a specific team or should I just give up trying to be installed....

2 REPLIES 2

Vikki_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi JNM24

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community.

We are sorry the visit has been delayed further.

Our pre installation team should be able to advise what has caused this delay.

They can be reached on 0800 052 1734
You may also be entitled to compensation.

The details are here for you. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Make sure you keep copies of all the installation dates and correspondence. You will certainly be entitled fot compensation from the date of the first failed installation. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.