cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Internet - activation and install issue

Pady
Joining in

Hi. I'm just so disappointed by virginmedia. I had my installation date rescheduled without letting me know. Ok. Wasted day. Then engineer came in and installed my hub 5x. Tried to activate it, but my account was apparently set up for coaxial cable, so incompatible and not working. He called someone and promised that his manager will activate it next day. Nothing happened. So I called VM customer service and after 6 hours on the phone they (maybe 10 different people) told me engineer must come and change the hub. Ok. Waited another 2 days for engineer. He swapped the hub for exactly same thing, and same result vith activation. He promised it will work in couple of hours and that he sent email to his boss. Nothing happened again. Another day wasted. Next day I tried to contact VM, but nobody answer the phone for 2 hours so I gave up. Today I spoke with one technician online (about 2 hours), he couldn't fix it and told me to call VM customer service and ask for tier 2 technician and he'll fix it. I called them and the third person sounds like he knows more about it. Apparently he tried to do something (with muted microphone). Couldn't fix it. But at least he sounded like he knows what's going on. Then he said he escalate this issue higher and within 24 - 48 hours it should get sorted and I can get Internet connection. I won't be notified at any point. I just have to keep trying. So now I give it two days before I cancel my so far useless contract.

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

7 REPLIES 7

Cardiffman282
Knows their stuff

Keep an eye on the 14 day cooling off period. 

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Welcome to Virginmedia's famous customer service. Beware of promises that drag you over the 14 days. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Pady 

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first post. Sorry to hear your installation did not take place as intended and your services are still down. We can understand the frustration caused and we want to do our best to help. To best look into this, I have sent you a private message. Please keep an eye out for an envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. Let me know if you have any issues locating this. 

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi. 12:30 am 15.03.2024 Internet is down again. I have solid white light on my hub, but no Internet connection. Working online is really stressful with this kind of service. I tried to get my volt double speed and instead it was slow all day until it finally stopped. After testing connection, it is apparently problem with my new (already changed) kit, and we need engineer to come and sort it (again). I'm not going to waste another day waiting for engineer to come in. If you can't provide stable working Internet connection, then take your kit and go away. I will cancel my contract and that's it.

Hi @Pady, thank you for your post.

We're sorry to hear your internet connection went down again and that you're thinking of leaving us 😔

How have things been since you posted? Advice on how to fix internet problems can be found here

Please pop back to us at your earliest convenience.

Regards,
Daniel

It came on again itself in the morning. 

But my missus wanted work over night, and she couldn't, obviously. 

I should have double the speed from volt as O2 customer, instead the speed getting slower time to time. I can't really say I'm excited about virginmedia as I thought I will be.

And I'm waiting what happens about the bill, which is saying over £100.

Hi @Pady thanks for your reply here, sorry to hear the start to your journey with us hasn't been as expected.

We see you're in discussions with our colleague Akua via PM, so for a quicker continuation of correspondence please private message her and she will be able to investigate this further for you.

Many thanks

Tom_W