cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Broadband Installation Frustration

richhastings
Joining in

I am becoming increasingly frustrated with Virgin Media continually delaying the install of my new M350 fibre broadband. A timeline:

2nd Dec: Order placed

18 Dec: Initial install date 

3rd Jan: Delayed install date

19th Jan: Delayed install date

And now I've been told it will get installed on 17th Feb. But it's very hard to believe. I've called customer services on several occasions and had no clarity on why the date keeps getting pushed back, only that they are waiting for a permit. What does this mean? And why was I sold this contract when there was no permit to actually install the services? And is there anyone that actually know what state this "permit" is in and whether I'll actually get a concrete install date that will not get pushed back again and again.

I have been provided a 4G dongle to bridge the gap in service, but coverage is pretty poor in my area and the hardware they send is pretty average so I have to move it around the house with me.

Posting partly for a rant, but also can't seem to get any information through VM's official channels.

Thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2

Sabrina_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @richhastings 👋.

Thanks for reaching out to us and welcome to the Community Forums. Apologies for the issues that you are having with an installation and our contact team. We can certainly assist you, we would need to bring you in for a private message to discuss this and investigate. 

Please look out for the envelope on the top right of your web browser or if you are using a mobile device, it will be located under your profile icon.

Thanks.

Sabrina

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

The "permit" excuse is frequently used by VM to justify a delayed installation.

If this is a Council permit to dig the pavement, these are usually issued within a couple of days and you can check with the Council whether/when it was requested.

If it's a permit to cross private land this can often take longer or even be refused. VM may then have to find an alternative route or cancel the installation. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.