cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation - Poor Customer Service

Jackals
Joining in

Hi all,

Was wondering if anyone could help, especially if they've had a similar experience. 25/03/2024 Pre-installation was complete. 01/04/2024. The Virgin engineer turned up, no green light on the junction box outside, would not work/connect so the engineer cancelled the visit due to a no-show on the re-pull. The engineer also told me my cable re-pull was scheduled on 01/04/2024 between 13:00 - 18:00 and nobody turned up.

The customer service is by far the worst ever customer service I've had. Promised multiple callbacks by agents and team leaders, I had 1 callback out of roughly 18 promised ones, yet that call back I was cut off after explaining my situation.

Anyhow, Avonlines came out and "resolved the problem" last week. The problem was with the cabinet, so a cable re-pull was not necessary as it had to do with the ports I was connected to. Virgin came out this afternoon to install my Broadband (also a miserable engineer), he said he's done what he needed to do but it is not going to work because I'm still connected to the wrong port. I have called customer services multiple times, again promised 2 callbacks and I have received nothing, customer services are not finding a resolution, I have been without Broadband for over 2 weeks now and I am finding it stressful to deal with as I am getting nowhere.

Any information or advice would be amazing. 

Thank you in advance

3 REPLIES 3

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Jackals thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

Sorry to hear of the delay in your installation/activation of your service. And for any inconvenience this may be causing you. I'd like to take a look on your behalf. I am going to send you a private message. Please keep an eye on your inbox in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

Jackals
Joining in

UPDATE:

Engineer came out Saturday. The issue outside the property has now been resolved but Virgin hasn't assigned me an IP Address, apparently, he sent it off to a networking team that handles these sort of issues. He said it will take 24-48 hours to be resolved. 48 hours have passed and still nothing. I called Virgin for them to fob me off again saying there's nothing on their system to say this has been done, so they have requested another priority email to the "Networking Team". Now I have to wait another 24-48 hours. Getting beyond a joke. I've had no Broadband since 02 April 2024.

Thanks for coming back to us @Jackals, and I'm sorry to hear of the ongoing issue.

I do believe you have spoken to our team today who have since been able to offer you an update.

You're welcome to keep us in the loop with any further information offered, and we'll be on hand to assist where possible.

Thanks

David_Bn