cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delayed Installation

Hodson88
Joining in

Contract signed back in October 2023, between then and now (3rd Feb 2024) we’ve had two lots of external construction works, five missed installation appointments, four site surveys and plenty of excuses. Despite having raised complaints via email we are still no further. Our next installation date is the 9th of Feb which we’re not holding our breath for, has anyone else had these issues and how did you get them resolved? We are currently waiting for a lifeline to be installed in the house so the delays are quite worrying encase something happens in the meantime 

15 REPLIES 15

Despite chatting with your team for what seems like weeks now I am still no further forward, I was advised back in 2023 that construction works needed doing to the exterior so the pre pull could be done and that permits would be applied for but still nothing has happened, no one can even tell me when or if the permits have actually been applied for 

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Your local council will be able to tell you if permission has been requested. For minor works in a pavement it's a routine that usually takes a couple of days, so the contractors won't usually ask for it until they are ready to do the job. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Hi Hodson88 👋

Thank you for your patience with our team whilst we are offering support with the delayed installation - and whilst my colleague Daniel is providing any updates they can via PM. 

We are sadly quite limited in what help we can directly provide with these cases as they are managed by the pre-install and construction teams. Once your case has been raised and correctly assigned with them, there is little further we can do to escalate any installation process. We do appreciate these cases are incredibly frustrating, and we really do appreciate your patience whilst the works are completed and you are installed. If you ever wish to speak to the pre-install team directly you can do so via  📞0800 052 1734.

We will always to our best to chase the team and advise you have been back in touch when you contact us, so feel free to get back in touch with Daniel who will continue to help the best they can. 

Thanks again for your patience, we do hope that the installation issues are resolved, and it is completed ASAP!

All the best. 🌞

Molly

Still no response as to when the construction works will be done, I have a disabled wife waiting for a life line to be installed and an autistic son who’s education is being affected, have been told it is down as a priority but still no news and no reply from my complaint 

Hodson88
Joining in

Well guys we’re in April and guess what still no broadband! External work still hasn’t been done, virgin blaming Avonline and Avonline blaming Virgin. Still going round in circles with customer services and the call centre in India isn’t making the experience any better 

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

That's really sad. You will be due for the statutory compensation, but I suspect you'd rather be having the broadband connection.

Could you get a quicker connection from another supplier? You aren't committed to Virginmedia and can cancel at any time. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.