cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Main Junction box 10 metres away! But not available at my postcode!

SirJimbo
Joining in

 I seem to be in the eye of a storm of sorts. 
The past few months I have watched virgin media install cables in my street. At times  even having to navigate around the workers. The main junction box for the area is around 10-15 meters from my home. 
After checking it seems that every postcode in my town, neighbouring villages and surrounding area are able to get all and any products….. Except my postcode!!! The postcode that has the main Junction box on it!

IMG_8805.jpeg
My local area and postcodes where service is available.  

IMG_8807.jpeg
Location of main Junction box. 

Please can someone explain this? 

I have filled out the form to register my interest MANY MANY times…. And not once had any correspondence or even acknowledgment it was received. I have called the customer service number a few times and been treated with the same scripted response each time, each time not being able to explain the situation… nor being able to also explain that the address’ listed that are associated to my postcode are incorrect or incomplete. 

I work from home and work in the Tech industry. So having fast reliable and fairly priced internet connection is a must. Hence my excitement when I seen the area was finally getting connected. Being able to upgrade from the maximum speed I could get of 67mbs to 1gig… it felt like a dream coming true. 
My contract with my previous supplier ended three months ago and I am now paying a premium as it’s a rolling contract… not wanting to sign another contract with then or another supplier… knowing Virgin Media are plugged into everyone else except myself. 

I am not overly confident of a response or even a straight answer… I just really want to know what is going on. 

James

4 REPLIES 4

Sabrina_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @SirJimbo 👋.

Thanks for reaching out to us. Apologies for being in the eye of the storm so to speak. So that we can get more of an update for you, we would need to bring you into a private message.

Please look out for the envelope on the top right of your web browser or if you are using a mobile device, it will be located under your profile icon.

Thanks.

Sabrina

SirJimbo
Joining in

Well it’s been over a month since I posted this message so thought I would update for any one who might be in a similar position in the future. 
All I really wanted to discover was if I am able to get Virgin Media or Not. 
At present I am out of contract with my current provider and need to either renew or choose a new supplier. Both of which would probably tie me down to a two year contract. 

I did get a couple of private messages from a Virgin Media representative. I will give bonus points for the way they communicated. 

The final reply was the least favourable outcome. I was told “maybe”. Maybe in the next year. Maybe not. Maybe sooner.  All I wanted was a definitive answer. Yet still I am left in limbo not really knowing. 
I am going to probably have to cut my losses and sign a contract with a different company, but first may contact the ombudsman regarding the situation as there is an obligation to supply clear and accurate communication and also equal opportunities to supply a service. 
I will keep the thread updated. 

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Possibly the street cabinet is full and you will have to wait until someone leaves. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

cje85
Trouble shooter

@SirJimbo wrote:

I am going to probably have to cut my losses and sign a contract with a different company, but first may contact the ombudsman regarding the situation as there is an obligation to supply clear and accurate communication and also equal opportunities to supply a service. 
I will keep the thread updated. 

Unlike BT/Openreach, VM aren't under any obligation to provide a service to a specific property.