cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

firmware update has broken hub 4

Timwilky
Fibre optic

your firmware update this weekend has broken the hub 4. LAG connections no longer work preventing full network speed.

Can you please.

1) Revert the change. Give us back the old firmware.

or

2) Provide hub5 in order to obtain full network speed.

Without either of the above VM have lost their sole advantage of a slightly higher download speed compared to BT et al, who also have the advantage of twice the upload. so  a very retrograde step.

Hub4/Gig1-> pfSense->Microtik CRS312/CSS326/CRS305->Meshed Asus RT-AX89X
VM Network - Timwilky
14 REPLIES 14

No, had to approach CityFibre myself and give VM my notice to disconnect. Had both running side by side for a week.

Sorry to hear you've left us Rankrotten, we wish you all the best with your new provider.

Rob

Has anyone tried using LACP to see if that functionality has (subsequently) been implemented? I suppose it's possible that they fixed an accidental bug by actually implementing bonding correctly using 802.3AD?

Yeah, at this point I'm just grasping for straws ...

25 years service! Clyde Cablevision then CableTel, NTL and latterly Virgin. I still have my 3Com CMX cable modem in a cupboard, all of 512Kb speed.

May return one day. Cheers.

Stignasty2
On our wavelength

They wont. But they should roll back the firmware, and its not unusual for other industries to do so untill their firmware is fixed. Why wouldn't they? Its so unprofessional not to. Some kind of misguided pride? It is a positive thing for a company to apologise and show customer focus.