cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi

LjsVC51
Joining in

Our wifi is atrocious, has been for a long time now. Have contacted several times only to be told that from your end it's fine. We have had no lights on router for months and months and it continues to drop Internet out. I have been a customer for over 20 years and feel very let down. Can someone please assist. 

2 REPLIES 2

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Lets start at the beginning... 

What package are you on?  What Hub model do you have (printed on the base sticker)?

Can we check… are the issues only evident on wifi connections or do you see them at the same times on devices connected on ethernet cables? If you don't know, can you check on an ethernet cable connected device to help diagnose whether it is just a wifi issue or it could be network connection/Hub related?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

HI LjsVC51, 

Welcome to the community and thank you for posting. 

We are very sorry to hear of the issues you have been experiencing with the broadband service. 

If you could please provide the information that jbrennan has requested it would help us to start to diagnose the issue. 

In the meantime, we have these tips available to help with broadband issues:

General broadband help 

Service status page 

Wi-Fi hints and tip

Wi-Fi troubleshooting 

Slow speeds 

Speed test 

When running a speed test we would always recommend running this via a wired connection This can be completed using an ethernet cable via a PC or laptop and will allow us to see the speeds available at the Hub.

We do have the Connect App  that will allow you to scan your property to optimise the wireless network and if needed order pod's. Depending on your package these may be free but any package is eligible for these if needed.
Thanks, 

Nat