cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

installation didn't happen - customer service beyond a joke

brionywarsop
Just joined

our wifi was meant to be installed on Tuesday, the engineer showed up took a stroll around the flat and told me he couldn't install as there needed to be a hole drilled into the wall and this required landlord's permission. 

I said I could get this by calling immediately, he insisted it had to be written and so i said I would call and get it in writing within the next few minutes. He made excuses and ran off back to his van and drove off before I could even make the call. 

I then spoke to a personal friend who happens to work in Virgin's sales team who told me it sounded like an excuse from an engineer who didn't fancy an outside installation on a rainy monday. 

Customer services have since promised me 4 phone calls that haven't happened, re organised installations that don't get booked and now my complaint can't even be tracked because my online account has been deactivated (for reasons unknown). I call and just get passed from team to team and promised callbacks that do not happen.

I work from home and am now left unable to do this in my new flat, with no end date in sight.

Any shared experiences or ideas of how I can get a new installation date asap, much appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2

goslow
Alessandro Volta

There are regular reports on here of VM tech's disappearing into thin air as soon as a tricky or unwelcome installation task crops up on site.

Do you now have the written permission from the landlord (I think there is a VM pro-forma for this)?

Installations are dealt with by the pre-installation and delivery team on 0800 052 1734. They may be able to tell you next steps although don't necessarily expect any better customer service from them than you have received to date.

Joseph_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @brionywarsop,

Welcome to the Community Forums and thanks for the post.

Sorry to hear of the issues faced with your installation, in cases such as this we do often require written confirmation depending on the type of work needed, for this can you confirm if you have spoke to our team on 0800 052 1734?

Joe