cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding a business broadband line to my address with existing residential line

Omaranwar
Tuning in

I have a residential broadband account at my address, 1gig fibre broadband only. The cable was run from the white box infront of my house around the side to the shed as that is where isn used.

Is it possible, without any hiccups to the exiating lines connectivity/bandwitdth to have a 2nd line as a buainess broadband account added to the house? My sister who runs her own business needs VM internet and is happy to pay for her own entire account seperately. I cant share mine as the job I do from home requires it.

I habe had issues ordering a 2nd residential line to the house itself as some VM sales have said no can do where as others have said yes it can be done with the residential account owners permission. Which I gave. But It seems maybe easier to go for a business account? If yes can someone please ger in touch to help set it up I can put you in direct contact with my sister who is ready to get the ball rolling.

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

You can have a business line which will be done by splitting the cable with one leg for you and one for your sister. However, unless she wants a VMB account why not just run an Ethernet cable from your hub round to her office and upgrade to a higher speed if necessary.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta

The VM bods here only deal with residential questions and, when they answer, will direct you to VM Business.

That said, yes, they'll do that for you.  They'll simply run a tap off the cable coming to the external wall box and your business line, when installed, will run off the same cable back to the cabinet and local data centre.  All differentiation between your residential and business circuits are all done at the local data centre.  Your business circuit will use the same frequencies as the residential circuit but will have a different signature that will route it onto VMB's servers.

Keep us posted.

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

VM-Jon
Problem sorter

Hi @Omaranwar 

Good morning, welcome to the community.

it is perfectly possible to have either an additional residential line or a business line without disturbing what is already in place. I am more than happy to help you achieve this. I will send you a private message for a little more detail and get the ball rolling for you.

thank you

Jon

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more