cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi pods “Fair connection”

Malik-2
Tuning in

Has anyone lately experienced the issue on the WiFi pods (all 3) stating “Fair connection”?

Up until 2 days ago the pods used to show “Great”

pods are placed sensibly and the speed tests show the top speeds. 

called VM who run tests and say everything is good their end. They just give you the generic “reset hub, plug pods out and in and place them somewhere else” (that’s all been done even prior to calling them. 

I am beginning to think it’s not actually the pods but the dreaded Connect App itself. 

I’m brand new to this community but have been scrolling through and found this issue was reported in 2023 by a poster but no real resolution was ever given. 
thoughts and advice please! 

17 REPLIES 17

Mine is iPhone and the latest version for it is 12.42.14

4 week old update 

Also slightly off topic… I have 2 issues with the forum

1. I’ve saved the forum page as a bookmark on my iPhone, every time I open the page I have to keep logging in (despite me choosing the keep me signed in)

2. when someone replies to me I only know this if I click on the notification tab in the menu. I’ve no other way of knowing I have a reply like for example an email alert etc. 

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Malik-2 Not sure about point 1 but for point 2 about a month ago the email address that forum notifications come from changed and is currently being treated as spam by a number of esps including Gmail.  If you check your spam folder on the email address that you use for this forum you may find the notifications.

This issue has been with the forum platform operator Khoros for a fix for several weeks.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thank you. Yes you are correct my email verification when I signed up turned up in the spam until I moved it to the inbox. But just checked spam now and unfortunately no notifications 

Hello, we've had confirmation this should now be resolved.

We hope the connect App is now reporting your connection as expected.

Please let us know if you notice anything else. 

Community Moderators 

Thank you Moderator team. Yes you are correct as it’s now saying “good”

Cally_18
Tuning in

Mine also has changed to “good” Happy days 😃

Happy days all round lol.