cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer support

Paypeanuts
Tuning in

Hello,

Just recently moved home and for the first two weeks, decent connection.

Then here is where all things went south. The outage started 27-4-24’ early morning. Regular updates gave 3-5hrs fix time. This went on for three days. Then the “reps” in the Philippines & Bangalore just out & out lied incessantly. Telling me it’s “in one hours time” Annup in Bangalore said “trust me 100% it’s in the next hour” that was day 3 or “they are just about done”. The ones in the Philippines (tbf did try their best) I just couldn’t understand them because of the accent. It’s like their nose is blocked or something?

Five days in total for the outage then my new bill is generated and it has more than doubled because of the “package changes I made”. I haven’t made any package changes and the girl in the Philippines I just couldn’t understand, bless her.

The UK reps are not much better really and some of them need clearly retraining. Some of them interrupt you constantly and when you call them out for it, they redirect your call to the wrong department. The latest girl put me through to ‘bereaved & serious illness’ department when I wanted the info’ about change of address.

I have tried to view my bill to find out why it has more than doubled and now it won’t let me sign in because of ‘email not recognised’. When I try and re-register, it says ‘this email belongs to another account holder’. 

Dealing with VM on the phone has become such a chore and headache these days.

Any help would be much appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Paypeanuts

Thank you for your post, welcome to the Community Forums.

I'm so sorry to hear you've had a poor experience with our team following your home move. Our agents would have no reason to be dishonest about the estimated fix time of the outage and it is likely that the estimated fix date kept getting delayed, but I can certainly understand your reasoning for thinking so.

I'd really like to help and ensure everything is sorted for you - I've dropped you a PM so I can take your details and look into everything for you 😊

Beth

Thank you, Beth.

I have replied to your pm. I am going to have to record all my calls to VM in the future (I will make them aware first). 

Paypeanuts
Tuning in

Thank you for your efforts, Beth.

As a resolution, I would like some sort of compensation towards the five day outage. The guy in Scotland said it was likely a utilities company that damaged a cable. And why it was logged as a major outage. Annup in Bangalore on day 3 said “trust me 100% it’s in the next hour”. Another chap in Bangalore said “your account has been flagged as priority” & “you will be getting regular updates by text” not one text received other than the initial text on 27-04.

The chap who took my call to arrange the switch over during my moving address told me there would be no charge as it’s a plug & play. I insta got the feedback text after the call.

The one thing I cannot stand is being told pork-pies. These things always come back to bite you in the end. 

Thank you, I pm’d you my details, Beth.