cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Super hub 3 dropping internet connection

akshar1988
Joining in

Hi there,

I have Virgin Media 250mb broadband with a super hub 3 router. However over the past week have noticed that the internet connect keeps dropping out. I have run the tests, but nothing has been identified and the customer support blame the wifi, but all devices disconnect including those hardwired.

The soild red light on the router starts flashing and then it starts flashing green whilst the services are established again. I have tried resetting the router and this made made no difference.

Attached below is a log from my network controller showing each time the internet has dropped out. The rest of the screenshots are of the network status from the super hub 3.

Any suggestions would be really helpful!S1.PNGs2.PNGs3.PNGs5.PNGs6.PNGs7.jpg

4 REPLIES 4

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Your UP power levels are all way too low and out of "range" ( that about 34-50 dBmV) - this will need a Tech visit to rectify. Call it in as a fault - or a VM person should pick this up in a day or so here.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @akshar1988 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear of the broadband issues. I can see we have booked in a technician for you since posting, please do let us know how the visit goes 🙂

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

akshar1988
Joining in

Thank you, guys visited this morning replaced the super hub 3 and changed the power settings on the line and within 10 minutes of them leaving it happened to drop out again twice. 

Luckily the guys were still around and then switched the hub 3 to a hub 4 and that has solved the problem. They were fantastic and really helpful!

Hi @akshar1988 thanks for your reply here - that's great news!
Thanks for taking the time to let us know and don't hesitate to let us know if you need any help in the future 😊

Many thanks

Tom_W