Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 37 kudos

Samsung Smart TV

I have a Samsung smart tv and yesterday it suddenly stopped streaming Netflix. I checked the network settings and there is an error message ‘Connected to the local network, but not to the internet’. I have reset my hub 3.0 various times and all of my...

Hub showing as Connect Box and UPC

I had been at work a couple of hours last night (Sat) and my Mrs sent me a text saying internet kept going off, not much I can do when at work.I get home this morning at 06:30 and it was indeed not working, no ethernet connection or wireless showing ...

virgin-hub-3.JPG virgin-hub-3-info.JPG
LokiDog by Superfast
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Anyone know how to order wifi pods?

Hello all, I've run a WiFi scan and have a result of Poor at 5mps in my home office. I went on the Virgin Chat and the agent said they would organise a pod. It never arrived. I called to speak to someone and they said they couldn't order as had to us...

Resolved! Green flashing and no internet

Its been an hour that my internet stop working. Green flashing light and no internet at all. And its not the first time that happens. So no where to call and no help to find until to morning..or maybe Tuesday. In some things Virgin sucks.

Kattivix by On our wavelength
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! Broadband usage

Hi everyone, just wanted some opinions, I have M250, yesterday I revieved a sales call from VM asking me to upgrade to M500 and was told that I have high usage, I queried this and they said in my first 3.5 months with them I have used 300ish GB at un...

Slow wired upload speeds

WiFi on our V5 hun is fantastic in the room. 500+ download, 30+ upload, but the Ethernet booster plugs to the back of the house are useless! I’ve just had network cables taken from our V5 hub to my office at the back of the house. Download speeds are...

Gazpics by Tuning in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hub 3.0 constant red power light

I've recently moved home and taken my equipment with me.Lately, the power light is constantly red when it should be white.It's not overheating and there doesn't seem to be any drops in connection.Virgin media site tells me there are no known issues i...

Wifi Max activation and free Wifi Pod

Asked to make a post here by the Twitter team, in regards to activating WiFi Max and receiving a free Wifi Pod, as the Virgjn Media Connect App suggested activating Wifi Max and using a Wifi Pod due to slow speeds (Approx 3Mbps download according to ...

AliM5 by Joining in
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

VPN Issues

In the last 2 weeks I haven't been able to connect my work laptop to the work VPN. I have tried all options through work IT with no luck. I tried to call virgin, who put me onto the gadget support team. Apparently I have to pay a fee not only to fix ...

Howy_D by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos