cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repeated connectivity issues with VM broadband

sitereportuk
On our wavelength

I’ve been having regular connectivity issues with VM fibre broadband for over a month. Almost every other day there are drop outs lasting 15 minutes and sometimes hours. 

I first reported an issue via the website status checker around the 10th July. Having had repeated issues, VM we’re going to send out an engineer on the 31st July but they cancels the visit as it was deemed to be a problem in the area. This problem appears to be ongoing. 

I called the 150 fault line a few days ago and got several text messages to say that there was an ongoing issue and they’d keep an eye on the fault for 24 hours. At the end of the 24 hours, the text reported there wasn’t a problem. Since then, the connectivity issues have continued. 

I’ve tried to call the 150 number this evening from my mobile (VM/o2) but the calls don’t connect. I’ve tried using the status checker but that fails. 

At a loss what to do. Given these issues have been going on for over a month, can I cancel my contract with no termination fee? Something needs to be done to fix the issue otherwise I’ll be forced to cancel the contract early and don’t see that I should pay for this (my contract ends in January). 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You need to get the most up to date info from calling the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues and fix estimates, down to street cab/ postcode level.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You need to get the most up to date info from calling the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues and fix estimates, down to street cab/ postcode level.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Many thanks. That’s good to know. 

Hi @sitereportuk 

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community. 

I am sorry to hear of the connection issues. I can see from doing a system check that you are affected by an SNR issue (signal to noise ratio). F010855465 is the fault reference and this estimated fix date is the 29th. We hope it's fixed sooner for you but pop back if not and we'll be happy to check things.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Could you check if there’s an outage at the moment please? I’ve had no broadband since 8am and have checked all connections etc 

Hi @sitereportuk 👋.

Thanks for reaching out to us. Apologies for the delay in responding. Do you still have issues with the service in your area or has it since been resolved? 

Please let us know. 

Sabrina

Things got worse and I sent a letter requesting termination of my contract with no early termination charge about a month ago. The letter was sent by recorded delivery. Although I've heard nothing back, I have had to pay a reduced bill of £13.20 for 'changes to my package'. I was also called by the retentions team to see if they could do anything to resolve the issue I'd been experiencing. I told them no and asked the agent whether my contact was being temination with no ETC and she said that she couldn't tell me officially due to data protection (!) but that was the case. However, other than the reduced bill, I've received nothing from VM. There's nothing within my account to indicate that my contract is ending. Can anyone help please?

Hey sitereportuk,

I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but first I would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L