Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 59 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Wi Fi Pods

Technician set up my package and advised I could order Wi Fi pods after I had completed the test (he had ordered one for me at set up which still hasn’t arrived). Went round in circles trying to order them as I work from home. Contacted an agent via ...

DGM134 by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! White VM Pods

   I have tried to contact VM customer service and got no luck whatsoever. Apparently they are ‘keeping an eye’ on my line. But this is been going on for a week now. 1) 2.4ghz & 5ghz SSID are the same 2) I am in router mode 3) Smart WiFi is enabled 4...

IMG_9863.jpeg IMG_9864.jpeg IMG_9865.jpeg IMG_9866.jpeg

Getting wifi pods

HelloI have been using a Tenda Mesh system (3 units connected by ethernet cables) for the last 5 years, but it is getting flaky and I frequently have to rest everything, which is a pain. If I switch it off, and use the VM Connect App I get no wifi si...

apbliv by On our wavelength
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Order a wifi booster

HiVolt customer on 350, how do I get a wifi booster?I've used connect app and said I need one, but I can't see anywhere on site where it says order/ request one, it just send you round in circles!!Thanks 

Evhogan by Tuning in
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Move router downstairs

Hi,I recently moved house and have changed to Virgin for my broadband. The previous owner had the Virgin router installed upstairs but we need it moved downstairs. Have tried calling Customer Service but can’t get talking to someone. Can someone here...

WiFi connection problems

Hello, I’ve tried calling customer services repeatedly about the ongoing issues I have been having with my wifi and I feel like I keep getting fobbed off or gaslit as apparently they can see nothing wrong, so I’m posting on here in hope that someone ...

Broken wire

we have a huge emergency and was wondering if it would be able to be sped it up at all. i've just got off the phone to virgin because of an outage with the wire from the telegraph pole to our house and they've said the earliest date they can get it f...

Br7dd by Joining in
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Exposed cables on external wall

The box covering my connections on the external wall has come off. This has left the cables and connections exposed to the elements. Can someone from the Forum Team let me me know I arrange for an engineer to come and check there is no damage and to ...

IMG_4946.jpeg
LouB13 by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Endless WiFi and Internet problems

I switched to virgin 12 months ago. I have had endless WiFi and Internet problems. We had an engineer out and he blamed it on the hub and swapped it out. We still had problems, I thought maybe it's the house. But I moved house and problems still the ...

dorrpark22 by On our wavelength
  • 27 replies
  • 1 kudos