Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 37 kudos

Hub 5 flashing green light continuously

I have had a new Hub 5 fitted for just 2 weeks now.  The l white light started flashing a few days ago, and today the wifi dropped as the light started flashing green.  Aware that this could be a software update, I left it for a few hours. It continu...

SandyH by Tuning in
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Hub 3 solid red light, no internet

Have powered Hub off/on, leaving for a minute or so, repeating several times. Also pressed front button holding for 20 seconds or more, sequence of green lights kicks in, but then returns to solid red light. Have tried running test via Connect app, b...

New customer - very disappointed

I moved from Sky due to poor internet speed. Virgin were great……until it was installed.Since the engineer visited, virgins customer service have been awful! Over 40 minutes on the phone, said she would call me back in 1 hr, nothing. Another 40 odd mi...

Lucy30 by Joining in
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

wifi pod didn't arrive

I'm hoping someone can help with this. I have good wifi reception in most of the house but there are a couple of rooms where it is poor to non-existent. My contract is covered by the wifi-guarantee. the connect app suggested a wifi booster. After one...

MicS by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Router down since Monday evening

My router has stopped working, as all my home automation/security is no longer available from my phone ad it always is.I've had somebody power the router off and on multiple tmes to no avail. I'm physically not able to be next to the router to troubl...

Over promise under deliver

An ongoing wifi problem that the first POD was supposed to sort and didn't - I feel that I was sold a dream and delivered a paper bag! The uber wifi promise has never been delivered since I switched from BT to Virgin - the hub strength scans is very ...

Dan231 by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Red light on hub 3

My router has a permanent red light, i have gone through all the steps to clear it but its still there. Looks like it may need changing. Any advice guys

No connection

No Internet since avmbout half 1 this morning. Tried reset, hard reset, spoke to CS on the phone who say that everything is showing online yet I can not get a connection in the house at all... no ring alarm, no smart TV, no VM streaming, no phone...H...