cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regular dropouts

WillC9999
Joining in

Recently moved from BT (dreadful) to VM 1 Gig broadband. It’s fast and mainly excellent but routinely drops connectivity, usually once or twice a day, for a minute of less. I notice because I often work online all day and I notice the drop. I don’t need to reboot anything, it comes back, but is annoying, and it’s frequent enough for me to raise here.

It happens on wired and WiFi connections so I don’t think it’s ‘my side’. Checking service status has never shown anything. 

Setup is VM router, with Decco mesh in AP mode.

Any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Whats it like with the Hub in modem mode and the Deco's doing the routing?

Set it up as below and try it as per Tudor’s message in here….
https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Hub3-in-Modem-mode/td-p/5206738

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

WillC9999
Joining in

I've only had it setup with the VM router and Deccos connected as AP. It works absolutely fine almost all the time. 

I'm not particularly technical and just followed the instructions re setup. I didn't want to mess with the VM router setup. I'll have a go if you think it worth it though. 

Not clear whether the link is relevant? 

Will

ns006m
Tuning in

The hub 5 has issues caused by the wifi.

I had the same problem, 3 engineer visits, all connections changed inside and out, a hub change and was still getting disconnects. I cured the problem by putting the router into modem only mode. Not had a disconnect since.

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @WillC9999, and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to hear of the issues experienced with the connection on both Wi-Fi and wired devices,

Can you please confirm if you've set up a broadband quality monitor to keep tabs on the connection and the aforementioned drops?

This will help us have a better understanding of the quality of the connection currently being supplied

Thanks

David_Bn