cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roadworks completed months ago and can't order

adammackie1006
Just joined

Hi,

Back in May, the roadworks were completed in my area and leaflets sent out saying broadband would soon be available in my area. I have kept checking and still I am unable to order - surely this should be ready by now?

My current broadband contract is about to expire and the only options available to me would be to sign up elsewhere with a 24 months contract and I really DO NOT want to do this, I have had nothing but trouble for years with regular broadband and was really looking forward to fast, reliable internet.

Is there any way to see what the hold up is or see when it would be available please?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Unlikely that VM will comment on here when the new area will be connected - its potentially commercially sensitive information for competitors.

But even if work in the area is complete, there is considerable effort required to install and activate the upstream connectivity/equipment.

Do you not have a 4/5G home broadband option (EE, Three, etc) to fill the gap?   Many of these plans can be had on 30-day contracts - so easier to swap once VM is active.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

That was my plan but not a single one of them seem to be able to offer me a 1 month contract... 12 month minimum. Don't see why that would be, they were available to me previously when I was last searching for broadband but now I need one, there's nothing available. Looks like I'm going to have to take a new 12 month contract and come back to this in a year... very frustrating, would have thought it would have been activated nearly 5 months on from the works taking place

Hi @adammackie1006 👋

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. 

I'm going to pop you a PM 📩 now so we can take a closer look into this for you. 

Hope to hear from you soon.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

georox123
On our wavelength

It took 6 months from the time they finished digging up the estate until I could place an order. I placed my order on the 4th Sept and I'm still waiting for it to be installed. The contractors responsible for the network build have made a mistake (the PON ID on the cabinet does not match what VM have the houses down as) and I've been waiting 2.5 weeks since the failed installation. Multiple phone calls and two engineer visit and I'm still none the wiser as to what is happening or when it will be installed. 

Sorry to hear this, let me send you another DM and we can take a look.

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?