cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red light on Hub 3

sig93
Joining in

Hi, 

My hub 3 is constantly showing a red light. I've checked online and it says it is overheating but it doesn't feel like it is. And I've checked it's not in modem mode. Any fixes for this?

5 REPLIES 5

Daniel_Et
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @sig93 👋 Thank you for your post and welcome to the Virgin Media Community 😀

In the first instance, please follow the below steps in the following order:

• Turn the power switch off on the back of the Hub
• Ensure the Hub is upright, in a well-ventilated location, and, if at all possible, out of direct sunlight
• Use the power switch to turn the unit back on

If after following the steps the router doesn't boot back up after a few minutes, or the red light returns when it does, it will need replacing.

Please pop back to us at your earliest convenience.

Regards,
Daniel

Hi Daniel, 

Thanks for getting back to me, I appreciate it.

I've tried these steps and it is still showing as red unfortunately.

How do I go about sorting a replacement please?

Thank you.

Hi @sig93, no problem at all.

In order to look into this for you further, we'll send you a private message on here. Look out for the envelope in the top right-hand corner.

If you're on a portable device with a smaller screen, click on the icon in the top right-hand corner and select "messages" from the additional menu options.

Regards,
Daniel

cje85
Trouble shooter

If it doesn't feel warm it's possible that a LED has failed inside, the Hub 3s are now 6 or 7 years old (if you've not had it that long, someone else probably had it before you) and the red light issue has become a very common complaint on here recently.

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The problem is the red LED is the overheat warning and if the user can't be sure if the Hub is overheating or not, it is a fire risk.  VM can't afford to have faulty Hub 3's in customers premises.  It's a catch 22 situation really.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks