cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New hub now blink doesn’t work

jimred
On our wavelength

i need some help please, i renewed my contract and i received a new hub which i fitted today, all seem to be working but my blink system wont connect despite putting in the correct password, it was working fine with the old router.

my laptop ipad and alexa are all working fine, spoke to Blink its a router problem but Virgin are so unhelpful all i want to do is go back to my router but apparently they cant do that!

i have been cut off twice and been on the phone over a hour…..please help also i am not very technical-understatement!

why is nothing straightforward with them they must know people contact blink to the hubs, its always scary upgrading!

thanks

james

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What Hub did you have and what Hub do you have now?

I am guessing the Blink system only connects on the 2.4 GHz frequency wifi band and not the 5 GHz one - do you know if that's correct?  If so the single SSID for the new Hub (combines both frequencies )  may be "confusing" the Blink.

One thing to try first is to log into the Hub settings and click the box to "disable" the 5GHz wifi - save and restart and see if the Blink can then connect to the remaining 2.4 GHz band .  If it does - go back in an re-enable the 5GHz band to allow faster connections on the other equipment.

If not report back

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

22 REPLIES 22

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What Hub did you have and what Hub do you have now?

I am guessing the Blink system only connects on the 2.4 GHz frequency wifi band and not the 5 GHz one - do you know if that's correct?  If so the single SSID for the new Hub (combines both frequencies )  may be "confusing" the Blink.

One thing to try first is to log into the Hub settings and click the box to "disable" the 5GHz wifi - save and restart and see if the Blink can then connect to the remaining 2.4 GHz band .  If it does - go back in an re-enable the 5GHz band to allow faster connections on the other equipment.

If not report back

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

No, it won't work straight away. You will have to delete the Sync Module with the app, and repeat the installation procedure to the new Hub.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

jimred
On our wavelength

thank you both, a virgin engineer came in the end and resolved the issue within 10 minutes for me, despite Virgin saying it wasn’t there responsibility and over 2 hours on the phone.

you were right it operates on 2.6 but the hub is 5.0 but how do i log on to the hub?

the engineer was a great help unlike the staff in the call centres around the world.

merry Christmas 

Client62
Legend

Just 10 minutes, so it was not difficult !

VM Hubs provide both 2.4GHz & 5Ghz Wi-Fi.   Connect to the VM Hub menu at http://192.168.0.1/ 

jimred
On our wavelength

thanks for the info, how do i log onto the hub, do i use my  normal  email and password and where do i find it it on the web.

Thanks 

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

You log unto the Hub at 198.168.0.1.using password printed on the Hub label. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Hi, just received a hub 5 as was having iPhone issues with the hub 3. Now having the exact same blink issue as detailed on this thread. I’ve tried disabling the 5hz with no success, also deleted the blink module and re-added, still no joy. Any help would be appreciated 

Client62
Legend

With 5GHz Wi-Fi disabled on the Hub 5, can your Blink system see the 2.4GHz Wi-Fi signal from the Hub 5 ?

Did you get it fixed? I’m having the same issues as you. I’ve tried everything on this thread so far 😫