cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 5 wifi issues

johnrambo18
Dialled in

Since upgrading from Hub 3 to Hub 5, WiFi on some devices is worse. Ethernet is fine. But a Galaxy tablet is sluggish in moving between Web pages or eg viewing video on Facebook. VM support don't seem to have much idea. I have TP link repeater upstairs and connections via this seem better than through Hub direct.

111 REPLIES 111

I have the same issue. Upgraded to HUB5 from HUB3 and the Wi-Fi is awful. I can actually be in the same room as the router and still can’t connect. I have to go upstairs to where I have an extender and connect through that. My HUB3 ran my security Cameras outside my house with no issue, now if the camera is moved into the next room, it looses connection. I’ve turned off the 5gz channel to see if that helps but no. If I switch the router off and on again I get good Wi-Fi for an hour, it’s **bleep**. I’ve decided to leave virgin and go back to sky once my contract is up.

Hi there @Flightsimer 👋 Welcome back to our forum and thanks for your post 😊

Sorry to see you've been having WIFI issues on your new Hub, this is disappointing to see you wish to leave due to this 😔

I've checked our system and can see that there are some issues with the Hub power levels that can't be fixed remotely. I'll send you a PM to confirm your details so an engineer can be arranged.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules