cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 5 connected no or intermittent internet

Mrzapie
Dialled in

I like a bit more information please as to why the HUB 5 is failing so I can chase down reasonable compensation and / or get a contract release on other VM accounts we have before I attempt another disastrous upgrade from 3 to 5 at other properties.

Briefly

Crash and burn changing from a functioning  HUB 3  to  HUB 5 now with intermittent Internet.

The HUB 5 has connected to the VM network as I received a confirmation activation text.

I have confirmation from VM that there are no local network issues.

'phones, tablets, laptop will all connect to the hub but with the following;

"Connected without Internet"

Done several on / offs, checked cables, 60 second reset, spoken to VM all to no avail.

All I can assume is that I've been sent a faulty hub that is not fit for purpose.

Question 1

As the VM tech' phone help line are out of their depth with this problem is there a step by step fix available?

Question 2 

Can I re-install the old HUB 3?

Thanks - in anticipation.

Cheers.

22 REPLIES 22

Mrzapie
Dialled in

Hi Nat,

Without Prejudice

As you're probably aware the Hub failed again and an engineer is booked.

As to compensation for "a product that not fit for service" if you can't contact me directly through a PM your remaining option will be as a direct response to my claim initiated on Money Caim Online.

Hi Mrzapie,

Can you please let us know exactly what is it that you'd like to discuss further with us? If you've had a look at our link to our Compensation Policy, you can see that we do offer compensation for both broadband and landline services, if you have suffered  a total loss of service for over 48 hours. If you are eligable, any credits due will be applied to your account automatically. 

Do keep us posted with how the visit goes and if you need any further help from us.

Kind regards

Beth

Mrzapie
Dialled in

Hi Beth G

Without Prejudice

Another chunk of my time wasted yesterday on the advice of VM..

I repeatedly asked if it was necessary to send out an engineer once again. VM had identified a problem with the Hub and no network issues.

Engineer arrives, no problem with the Hub 5.

As to compensation, I simply need to recover my costs, my costscare outside of your guidelines.

RyanMcC1993
Joining in

Yip. Same goes for me. Days on end with internet dropping out after receiving the new Hub 5. 

Work from home as well. This is a joke

Hi Beth,

Thank you for your reply, the engineer found no fault with the Hub contrary to the VM "help line".

Without Prejudice.

Typo correction;

As to compensation, I simply need to recover my costs, as my costs are excluded  from your automated loss of service compensation,  I'm using an alternate simple legal process to recover my costs.

Hi Mrzapie,

Thank you for reaching back out, sorry to hear there were no issues picked up by the technician, unfortunately some issues especially intermittent once do not always occur when the technician arrives, apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Regards

Paul. 

Mrzapie
Dialled in

Hi Paul,

Without Prejudice.

Thank you for confirming that there are intermittent issues with the Hub 5.

I assumed the VM tech help line had made a diagnostic error, then despatched an engineer to a Hub 5 with no apparent faults. From your comments I can now understand that there was a fault with the Hub 5 and that is why an engineer was despatched.

Do I need to address my claim to  both the Reading and Sunderland offices?

Hi Mrzapie,

Can you please expand on what costs you're referring to? I'm afraid that we'd be unable to cover for any expenses or loss of earnings outside of the automatic compensation credit. However if there is anything further we can do to help, please let us know.

Kind regards

Beth

Mrzapie
Dialled in

Hi Beth,

Without Prejudice.

I suggest you read thoroughly my posts to understand the basis for my claim for compensation;

2 hours for "a not fit for purpose hub"

1 hour for an unnecessary engineers visit

I have chosen to challenge the VM compensation policy.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Mrzapie,

Thanks for coming back to us. Sorry to hear that you're unhappy with our Compensation Scheme. This Automatic Compensation Scheme is approved by OFCOM and is within our given regulations.

You can read more about the scheme on our Automatic Compensation page for more information. 

If there's anything else we can do to help, please let us know.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs