cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 5 Ethernet

TShock
Joining in

I’ve just installed my new Hub 5, Wi-Fi is fine but none of the Ethernet ports seem to work, no on demand TV  and games console only via Wi-Fi. 
Everything was fine on Hub 4 ??

13 REPLIES 13

Hi @JonBx,

Thanks for your post. 

We're sorry to hear this. 

Can you confirm if you've tested this using an alternative cable and/or device to see if the issue persists?

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Virgin sent me a new hub and my problem has gone away.  Obviously the hub was faulty.  I think there is something else going on with hub 5 that will become apparent over time but so far so good. I think it’s important to remember that at speeds of 1 gig, Ethernet is pretty much redundant unless connecting old Ethernet only devices (hive and a network server in my case) and leave everything else to WiFi ..

Ok…. problems continued with new hub and system required pin hole reset every other day. Engineer attended yesterday only to find that a splitter had been installed back to front by the engineer who installed the hub 5 and tv box. I have had 3 weeks of problematic and constantly crashing WiFi due to this error. Does VM offer compensation for such instances?

Hi @JonBx,

Thank you for the update on the situation, and I'm sorry to hear that this has happened. Was the engineer who visited recently able to resolve this by moving the splitter?

In regards to a credit, you can find our policy here.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!