cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any news on availability of Hub 5 for us 1GB customers yet or not?

RayW2
Dialled in

I ask as my contract has just been renewed for another 18 month, is there *any* posibility of me being (at least) offered an upgrade to a Hub 5?

--

RayW2

4 REPLIES 4

Client62
Legend

Take care what you ask for !

Hub 5 often reported issues:

1. Wi-Fi & DHCP Fail when both SSIDs are changed. ( in the Wizard and in the Menu )
2. DHCP Fails with multiple DHCP devices.
3. DHCP Reserved IP may fail to accept entries.
4. DNS All queries are being intercepted by the Hub 5.
5. DNS Queries for AWS hosts time out with both VM DNS & Public DNS.
6. DNS DNSSEC queries fail.
7. Port Forwarding may not work.
8. RTSP stream / VRChat crashes & reboots Hub 5.
9. Wi-Fi 6 / 802.11ax Fails to be visible to many 2.4GHz only devices.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Why do want a Hub5?  What feature - specifically -  would you like?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Timwilky
Fibre optic

Jumping in on this post

I would like a hub5 to replace my hub 4 as VM have remove LACP thus limiting my connection to 940Mb despite claiming they sell me 1140Mb. So need the 2.5Gb port in order to connect my network at full speed.

I do not need hub features, just a modem mode.

Hub4/Gig1-> pfSense->Microtik CRS312/CSS326/CRS305->Meshed Asus RT-AX89X
VM Network - Timwilky

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi all,

Thanks for your query relating to a Hub 5 upgrade. Our Gig1 package guarantees a particular hub type – either Hub 4 or Hub 5. When taking a package with us, Customers are not provided with the option to select which Hub they'd prefer and therefore it is not guaranteed to be a Hub 5. Both of these are capable of delivering Gig1 speeds. Any other speed tier can be catered for by any of our hubs.

At present, there are no plans to provide the Hub 5 directly to all customers who have the Hub 4 as it is capable of receiving the speeds advertised in our Gig1 package. 

Occasionally, we run promotional offers which may include an upgrade to a newer Hub, but these are only sent via Emails specific to you and require you to be opted-in to Marketing offers.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ