cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 5 Ethernet

TShock
Joining in

I’ve just installed my new Hub 5, Wi-Fi is fine but none of the Ethernet ports seem to work, no on demand TV  and games console only via Wi-Fi. 
Everything was fine on Hub 4 ??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

carl_pearce
Community elder

@TShock wrote:

I’ve just installed my new Hub 5, Wi-Fi is fine but none of the Ethernet ports seem to work, no on demand TV  and games console only via Wi-Fi. 

Sounds faulty.

It has been reported a few times on here.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

13 REPLIES 13

carl_pearce
Community elder

@TShock wrote:

Sounds faulty.

Yeah seen the comments , not good as I’ve returned hub 4☹️

@carl_pearce wrote:

@TShock wrote:

Sounds faulty.

Probably it is, but the first thing they will ask you to do is to completely factory reset the hub (ie, stick a bent paperclip in the reset hole on the back and hold it in (you will feel a click as the micro switch is depressed) for a good 60 seconds and just let the hub reboot itself). It is not impossible that you have been sent a second hand / reconditioned hub and it might be somewhat ‘messed up’ A factory reset will sort that out, although I’m not overly hopeful, it is a necessary step to go through.

Thanks just tried and still the same, love a upgrade😂

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there TShock, thanks for your posts and replies on our help forum recently.

We're sorry to hear of the issue with the ports not working on the new hub 5 we fitted, could you please let us know if the issue is present on one or more ethernet ports and whether you've tested this using an alternative cable and/or device to see if the issue persists?

Please, let us know if you've had any updates or managed to restore this issue since your last post here back on Tuesday?
Happy to help you.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I have this problem too! No Ethernet ports working.. Engineer was aware of this when he installed hub yesterday and tried to blame one of my cables! Pin hole reset works until Ethernet port is plugged in.  Even the virgin tv box can’t use Ethernet!

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

@JonBx wrote:

I have this problem too! No Ethernet ports working.. Engineer was aware of this when he installed hub yesterday and tried to blame one of my cables! Pin hole reset works until Ethernet port is plugged in.  Even the virgin tv box can’t use Ethernet!

If VM are going to start blaming Ethernet maybe they should sell them like they do with Coax if we are getting to this stage.

likely a  2nd hand hub that has problems and not tested by VM

---------------------------------------------------------------

Same for me… installed yesterday and engineer left me with it crashing every time I attempted to connect Ethernet.. worked fine with hub 3.  Pin hole reset fails again as soon as an Ethernet connection made.

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

On the off chance you have crossover cables and the hub not liking them could it be that?

---------------------------------------------------------------