Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant dropouts

Jay49
Tuning in

I can't understand why this service is so bad 

I can't understand why virgin constantly lie also 

Constant dropouts for hours on end

Ask for manager ...none there ever ,ask for call back ....Still waiting 10weeks later

14 REPLIES 14

Client62
Legend

Is there a known local service issue reported on 0800 561 0061 ?

That's the usual blame that I get every couple of  weeks when I lose Internet for a couple of days ...they say they have fixed it ,but fault comes back after a while 

Local Facebook groups constantly complain about it and get the same message ...its back on again at the moment but for how long who knows?

Have a engineer booked for Monday and will constantly book engineer every time it goes down

Good Afternoon @Jay49, thanks for your post on our Community Forums, and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to hear of the drop outs you've been experiencing on the services.

I've looked into the local area and no outages currently appear to be present.

Are you experiencing drop outs on both Wi-Fi and Ethernet connections?

Looking into the hub, this appears to be in a status of unreachable. Is the hub currently switched on?

If you have any broadband quality monitors set up on the connection, the presenting of these, would be most helpful in understanding the quality of your connection.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

The drop outs are of hub going down , green light on ...not a drop of WiFi or devices hard wired.

The hub is probably unreachable because it isn't connected to the Internet . It is plugged in (it's never unplugged)

I'm guessing no outages in the area means the equipment is faulty then?

I'm guessing the quality of the connection would be pretty poor without the need to look at any monitors.

As you work for vm maybe you could tell me why I haven't had a manager call me back ?

Jay49
Tuning in

Screenshot_20230611_152247_Facebook.jpg

 but hey have a look for yourself what locals think ...the comments are not pretty reading 

Hey Jay49, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear this.

I have looked into this and I can see you've spoke to a member of the contact centre staff since this, did they manage to get this resolved for you? Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

I havent spoke to any member of contact centre staff regarding this fortnight's fault 

I spoke to one on previous fault who said that a manager would call me back ...obviously this wasn't true !!

And with your message it's like there is a pattern forming from virgin

However engineer came yesterday and fixed fault (for now) which was caused by a previous engineer moving my connection to a busy section on the box ... looks like your engineers are just spinning plates 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Jay49,

Thanks for coming back to us about this issue and for keeping us updated.

Glad to hear that you've had a technician appointment and that your issue is now resolved. 

Please keep us updated and let us know if you're having any issues with your services going forward, we'll be happy to investigate further if needed.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Jay49
Tuning in

And here we are again on our usual cycle of the internet down again ....at what point to virgin admit this product is not working ....

20years with BT one call out 

Might just keep adding to this thread to build up evidence and walk away from contract