Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant dropouts

Jay49
Tuning in

I can't understand why this service is so bad 

I can't understand why virgin constantly lie also 

Constant dropouts for hours on end

Ask for manager ...none there ever ,ask for call back ....Still waiting 10weeks later

14 REPLIES 14

Sounds like you definitely have a 'not fit for purpose ' case

Hi Jay49! 👋 Thanks for returning to the thread to keep us updated. 

Sorry to hear you have been experiencing issues again, having had a look into this for you sadly I can confirm you are affected by a local SNR outage. This is due to End on 05 JUL 2023 09:00. 

SNR (signal to noise ratio) is just a technical term for interference of the Broadband signal caused by noise which ingresses on to our network. It's a difficult problem to locate and diagnose because noise can ingress anywhere on the network. As a general rule it's normally caused by customer equipment e.g. loose connections or 3rd party equipment attached to our network. However it can also be attributable to local architecture, e.g street cabinets, cabling or at the origin of the signal which we call the Headend (servers/routing system). The only way to establish where the noise is originating is for the Network Techs to run a series of trace routes. Once found then the cause dictates the amount of work required and the time frame for resolution.

You can check for outage updates via 👉 https://virg.in/service or by calling 📞 0800 561 0061. Sincerest apologies for any inconvenience or frustration caused whilst we get the outage resolved! 

If you continue to have issues and the outage is no longer ongoing, please do let us know so we can continue to offer support! Thank you for your patience in the meantime. 
Wishing you all the best. 🌞

Molly

So 6 days with faulty Internet, in addition to the 3 days earlier this month 

So nearly 30% of the month I haven't had a service ....I take it you will be compensating 

Screenshot_20230629_102347_Samsung Internet.jpg

 I followed your link ....it seems like your Internet that's not fit for purpose either

Thanks for the speedy response! 
Sorry to hear the outage isn't showing for you on the checker, however we can assure you there is currently one active and affecting your connection. Our sincerest apologies about this! 
The outage has been logged on your account, and you are covered under our auto-compensation scheme which automatically assesses for compensation and applies it where possible. You can read more about this here 👉 https://virg.in/autocomp

Outage fix times are estimated, so we do hope that this is resolved ahead of schedule but please do continue to keep us updated and we can continue to keep things logged correctly on your account! 
All the best. 🌞

Molly