cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consistent high ping and packet loss.

qual
On our wavelength

For the last couple of months I have been having high ping and high packet loss AGAIN on ethernet connection. I use the internet for gaming, streamer and for work (which is a problem right now). I pay for 250 download and im not even sure about upload, but there is never a problem with the speeds. I try to use twitter to get help but Im just asked the most basic questions like have you restarted the router... I try whatsapp but it takes 3 working days for an agent to actually speak to you. I tried calling but the person I spoke to says there is nobody in the office above first line at the moment so I gave up there too, so I guess this is my final chance. Attached is a BQM of today (02 11 2023). Completely unusable internet. I've tried restarting router, resetting it. I've tried different ethernet cables. Even the logs apparently state that the router is having issues communicating with the ISP. I've had 4 techs sent to my house, as you can see nothing helped. I'm paying £92 a month for this, so what do I do? This is my second post so if i have missed off some information then I apologies, many thanks.

updatednet021123.png

38 REPLIES 38

It might be just me but there appear to be clues to this question in the last line of the most recent post which reads "I am still having the problems". 

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

qual
On our wavelength

No I am still having the same issue. I am starting to log the exact time and date of each time it happens

qual
On our wavelength

anything going to be done about this issue sometime this year? I mean I made this post a month ago and there is still no fix, if i dont laugh then ill cry lol

Have you started the official complaints process yet? I was able to get a network engineer out after my complaint was escalated to the ombudsman. I think Virgin only take these issues seriously when it gets this far.

For clarity, I facilitated 8 visits by Virgin before they sent an actual network engineer (Not the usual techs they send).

Learn from my mistakes, I focused too much on talking to Virgin and trying to get the issue sorted, and not enough time building up evidence. You'll need to do speed-tests via ethernet every time this happens so you can show daily speed drops & disconnections. Building evidence of contract breaches should be your main priority.

Unfortunately the comms ombudsman is biased in favour of the ISPs so they put a higher burden of evidence on you the customer, rather than the ISP. They'll take Virgin on their word unless you can absolutely prove them to be lying.

qual
On our wavelength

Ive started to gather more and more evidence on the matter, will start to do the speed tests after the issue occurs too 

qual
On our wavelength

day 35 of asking for help , maybe one day someone will be **bleep** 

Hi there @qual 

Thank you so much for your post and we are so sorry to hear that this issue has continued. 

I have taken a look and I can see some issues on the Hub specs that would require an engineer, I know you had one across on the 30th but as this has not improved things I do think it would be best for us to arrange another so we can get a second opinion. 

I will pop you a private message now so we can take a look. Please keep an eye out for the envelope at the top of your screen alerting you to a new message.

qual
On our wavelength

I'm sure engineer number 7 will change everything 

Hi qual, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one. I can see you're in a private conversation with Ashleigh so we will leave this with her. 

She will be back in touch with you directly once she has any update on things. 

Apologies once again for the inconvenience. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs