Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 37 kudos

Internet down

SpoilerInternet been down a week after engineeer came it’s no matter been. Promised a new router and wi fi pods to and that ain’t happened kind regards Jonathan Internet been down a week after engineeer came it’s no matter been. Promised a new router...

Whatever time zone the person I spoke with was in, its been 5 days since they promised to call back within 24 hours!Not the first time VM have provided poor customer service.Maybe I should complain....again? That normally gets a response, and occasio...

Internet lag while gaming and bad signal

Really slow Internet while gaming or watching movies..its been on for months...can't contact customer services, no response by community, any email I can send them a message this has been the worst service I have experienced.

Asa_uk by Joining in
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! WiFi Pod ordering shambles

Right here we go, i have one pod already succesfully ordered after scanning on the connect app, it does a great job and really need another but scanning again doesnt give me the ordering option like before, just tells me to call so i went on to chat ...

PG76 by Tuning in
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

VM booster stopped working

Hi. I have a pair of virgin supplied power line boosters pg9072lg. Signal has been fine for ages but recently stopped. Have gone through set up and re pairing to no avail. Noticed the white power light is not on on the booster nearest the hub which s...

Constant packet loss and Moderate NAT type

Hi, New to VM and I've switched from EE where my max speeds were around 30mb I now have virgin 1gig fibre and now when gaming I'm getting packet loss, lag, party chat disconnections and my NAT type keeps changing to moderate. Never had this issue bef...

Mnm2397 by Tuning in
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Virgin Hub 3 - Red light on but i have wifi using

Hi, My Virgin Hub 3 is showing a red power light instead of the usual white power light. The hub is not overheating and is kept in open space. But I still can using WIFI as well and speed as usually.I don't understand what happening.Is it any suggest...

Ning413 by Joining in
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hub3 Red Light

The red light in my Hub3 is solid red and has been for almost 3 weeks now. I have followed all the guidance and done all the resets. Am now concerned there may be a fire risk. Can a VM admin please reply and assist? 

whoobub by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos