cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consistent high ping and packet loss.

qual
On our wavelength

For the last couple of months I have been having high ping and high packet loss AGAIN on ethernet connection. I use the internet for gaming, streamer and for work (which is a problem right now). I pay for 250 download and im not even sure about upload, but there is never a problem with the speeds. I try to use twitter to get help but Im just asked the most basic questions like have you restarted the router... I try whatsapp but it takes 3 working days for an agent to actually speak to you. I tried calling but the person I spoke to says there is nobody in the office above first line at the moment so I gave up there too, so I guess this is my final chance. Attached is a BQM of today (02 11 2023). Completely unusable internet. I've tried restarting router, resetting it. I've tried different ethernet cables. Even the logs apparently state that the router is having issues communicating with the ISP. I've had 4 techs sent to my house, as you can see nothing helped. I'm paying £92 a month for this, so what do I do? This is my second post so if i have missed off some information then I apologies, many thanks.

updatednet021123.png

38 REPLIES 38

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @qual 

Welcome back to the community forums. 

Sorry to hear of your service concerns. I have checked the systems at our side and can see that there is an area outage at this time. You might find that your Virgin Fibre, Voice and Virgin TV services are intermittent, with the picture freezing or disappearing now and then. We are sorry and our engineers are working hard to resolve this for you.

The current estimated fix time is 10th November 2023 at 14:35. 

Whilst we do our best to keep any faults and downtime to an absolute minimum, unfortunately sometimes service issues do happen from time-to-time. We'll always aim to have you back up and running ASAP, but, in some instances, this can take longer than we'd like.

Please do let us know if you're having any further issues after this time and we can check for any updates or assist further if needed. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

qual
On our wavelength

Right, so not only does the outage in my area not matter, because i have this problem when there is no outage, but it is now the 13th and to NO SURPRISE, im still having the same issues, so can someone finally look into it and do something about it?

Thanks for coming back to us @qual 😊 Sorry that the issue is still occurring, I can certainly understand that this is frustrating.

I've checked our system and it does look like the estimated fix time for this SNR issue has been extended to 14:35 on 15th November. The times can change depending on the complexity of the issue.

Apologies for any inconvenience this has caused, let us know if you need any further updates. We're always happy to help.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

qual
On our wavelength

I love how it has been extended and yet there is nothing on the site when i check my postcode. what is the point of the site if it doesnt work lmao. I had to get in touch on twitter and wait in over an hr queue on whatsapp to be told its not fixed able , AGAIN for the 3rd time in a row, this is a joke rofl. If on the 15th, i have ANY issues, then i am moving, cause this is a joke and virgin media has shown how incompetent they are. $20 billion company and just useless.

Hi @qual 

Thanks for coming back to us.

I've just checked the ticket for you and I'm really sorry to advise the ticket has been extended. It's the 22nd November estimated fix time. 

I am also sorry that it doesn't appear for you on the service page. Is this when you put the postcode/account holder surname in? If so, does it show it when you run a test on your router?

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

I'm just following this to see if I can guess the next estimated fix date. Based on the previous dates, I'm going for 14.35 on 29th November.

You haven't had much positive news here @qual, but at least you've been given some advice to show you how to make a payment. I'm sure that will reassure you. 😞

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

qual
On our wavelength

This is when I post my postcode and surname in yes, it has never ONCE said there is a problem in my area, yet whenever I complain about issues, it is always deemed as a problem in my area. So i really dont understand why everyone is pushing this website for me to check when it evidently doesnt work. Running a test on my router shows it has issues communicating to the ISP, like I tell everyone I told to about the problem. It's not my end.

Extended again, this is insane. Seriously what am I paying for? Because when there isn't a problem in the area I still have high ping, high packet loss and the internet periodically disconnects. Also seems like it always happens when the weather is bad 🤔 maybe completely fixing my area would actually fix my internet, instead of having to send someone out here every week to do a temp fix. Just a thought. 

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

The postcode checker is usually correct, but the lack of a report there, the varnishing fix time and a BQM that looks more like over-subscription makes me wonder what is really going on.

Can you post a live link to the BQM? 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

qual
On our wavelength
https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/7784d53a5815e063ec3bcf83f300063be0...

literally disconnecting over and over again for hours its so infuriating