cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BN3 7N? Updates Mon 13th (assume 1GBps upgrade) placeholder

horseman
Alessandro Volta

VM email advisement of local (Hove) upgrade after weekend with typically no further usefull detail offered so I’m assuming it’s part of 1GBps rollout?

I monitor several Hub3’s on same cable segment (7060 ?) so this is a placeholder in case It goes “pear shaped”:

45AD2254-8277-4065-A04D-8E6C852E3D07.png5ADEABB7-BAA8-457C-A56B-A3CD4334A81D.png

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/554536fa212e1a842d8fcd954fe0c404c7... 

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/e523ab5975e7a037c54fa2651bb9292455...

Regards Tony
"Life is a Binary Inspired Turing Computed Hologram"(don't PM or @Mention me - in case ignoring you offends)
DEFROCKED
137 REPLIES 137

Hey horseman, thank you for reaching back out.

I have taken a look at our side and your voicemail should be active, please can you let me know if you are getting any error messages when using this? 

With package changes this is something we don't look at on the forums sorry.

I have also taken a look at the connection and everything is look okay for you, the levels are looking great.

Please can you let me know what IOS device you have and if its fully updated to IOS 16.1.2? Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

@Matthew_ML wrote:

Hey horseman, thank you for reaching back out.

2R I have taken a look at our side and your voicemail should be active, please can you let me know if you are getting any error messages when using this? 

3R With package changes this is something we don't look at on the forums sorry.

4R I have also taken a look at the connection and everything is look okay for you, the levels are looking great.

5R Please can you let me know what IOS device you have and if its fully updated to IOS 16.1.2? Thanks 

Thanks for your prompt response Matt, and sorry for my delayed reciprocation but trust you had a good weekend before this flags in your intray Monday?

For my benefit I added numeric list number (with Response) as I assumed you responded ad seriatim.

1. 32.6 MHz U/S QAM16 at 0317 today - now (1100am) at QAM32. Looks like L3/Networks are tweaking somewhere in node chain/chasing SNR?
  2. No error message and 1571+option indicates that Voicemail is on but if I ring in with mobile when landline is engaged then apart from engaged tone the VM doesn’t respond within 5 minutes.
  3. Well I don’t expect to discuss costs on public forum but perhaps had you checked when the cost had changed then you would have seen VoicemailPLUS had been removed back in February? I didn’t request it’s removal nor Homework addition.!
  4. Thanks yes it looks still looks ok my end even with todays QAM issue but as Primary U/S is still on 42.6MHz then this does not (yet) appear to affect POR delays or SNR packet losses….so far!  😛
  5. ipad pro 4gen mod A2232 and iPad Pro 1gen A1584 - BOTH ON 15.7.1 AS 16.X Too new yet for my security package and some sub functions on the gen1 iPad.  Are you now advising 16.1.2 is now a pre-req for VM CONNECT functionality?

Thanks again….

Regards Tony
"Life is a Binary Inspired Turing Computed Hologram"(don't PM or @Mention me - in case ignoring you offends)
DEFROCKED

Erratum:

Two corrections:
3. looks like VoicemailPLUS and CallDivert were running concurrently prior to March2021 not Feb2022 which would be on POTS.
4. New u/s is 46.2MHz —nominal + variable offset see pic below

D507F268-E99C-45C5-9914-603DD02D361B.png

Regards Tony
DEFROCKED

Thank you for that information horseman. 

So to confirm with the voicemail. If the line is engaged then the voicemail works. Any other scenario, it doesn't?

^Martin

@Martin_N wrote:

Thank you for that information horseman. 

So to confirm with the voicemail. If the line is engaged then the voicemail works. Any other scenario, it doesn't?

^Martin

No! NO! No! Voicemail doesn’t work in any scenario that I have tried since My landline was degraded with the move from old POTS to 21CN Hub3 using the RJ11 to enet conversation cable supplied by your telecom tech. Only my cordless base unit’s answerphone will pickup an incoming call after a number of rings are unanswered.  
Originally (on POTS) the answerphone pickup time was sufficiently delayed so that call divert(when enabled) would engage  first, When CD was disabled then local answerphone would record BEFORE VoicemailPLUS. When local answerphone was disabled then VM+ would record and accessed both by 1571 or remotely. If the landline was engaged then VM+ would also record and enable an intermittent dial tone to advise the user there was a missed incoming call/message available.

I only get an intermittent dial tone on landline now if I’ve forgotten to disable CDivert. I suspect that 21CN downgrade has now broken both outgoing calls during local power outages but any VMail for incoming when I’m at home and Hub3 has failed/stalled. (Due I suspect to Hub3 resource constraints)

I’ll try and retest with more accurate timings and place a link on Landline forum to these posts ‘here as clearly my responses are easily misinterpreted but I cannot break forum t&c’s by duplicating posts in entirety across different forums.

Thanks for your response in meantime.

Regards Tony
DEFROCKED

@horseman wrote:

@Matthew_ML wrote:

Hey horseman, thank you for reaching back out………

5R Please can you let me know what IOS device you have and if its fully updated to IOS 16.1.2? Thanks 

For my benefit I added numeric list number (with Response) as I assumed you responded ad seriatim…..ipad pro 4gen mod A2232 and iPad Pro 1gen A1584 - BOTH ON 15.7.1 AS 16.X Too new yet for my security package and some sub functions on the gen1 iPad.  Are you now advising 16.1.2 is now a pre-req for VM CONNECT functionality?……….

I’ve now upgraded both my iPad Pro 4th gen & 1gen devices to latest IOS 16.1.1 PRODUCTION firmware (AND not the development 16.1.2 / BETA releases Matt was quoting!! ). Needless to say there are still the same/similar significant differences between the Hub3.10 Connections and VM CONNECTIONS IOS applet.

I’m still investigating/pursuing “known resource constraints” of Hub3.10 to provide TCP/Wireshark timings/dumps but I’m not prioritising this as clearly FT responses here so far do not have the time,resource (I’ll avoid saying lack of expertise because they will be limited by upper management!) to objectively forward to L3/Networks. ;(

Regards Tony
DEFROCKED

Another month and results:

1R.Speed,bandwidth, & log stats all consistently appear within spec on both wired sampling and WiFi since 7Sep2022 with following caveats/exception!

2R.Still requires regular 6-9day POR cycle to avoid sudden degradation of 1.above when both local and accessing devices from remote(Selsey beach hut) location.

3R.Still waiting for VM response to Device count discrepancy between Hub 3.10 “Connections” and “Virginmedia Connect” application(IOS).

4R.Still waiting for VM response to “Voicemail” failure.

Current Hypotheses:

Item 1R appears (IMHO) to indicate that VM external network infrastructure is now working correctly after initial SNR & upgrade issues through last year.

Item 2R & 3R appears (IMHO) to indicate a Hub 3.10 resource issue.

Item 4R appears (IMHO) to be a BAD (broken-as-designed)result of upgrading POTS to 21CN fibre/hub310.

Conclusion

Since my VM service was reduced in price and Homeworks was included (yet not explicitly requested nor negotiated) in 1Q2022 renewal then I’m (probably naively)confused as to why Homeworks service no longer entitles me to any/all VM acknowledgements let alone detailed responses,action plans or answers.

I invite and encourage any/all corrections if I’ve misinterpreted:

horseman_0-1670327533561.png

Which is why I’m not wasting my time after nearly quarter century of assisting users/forum team with more detailed technical elaboration until VM extend simple courtesy of acknowledging first

Regards Tony
DEFROCKED

34AD9002-0484-4E14-A027-7E52604FF018.png
Come on VM clearly the above reduction in US2 illustrates that 32.6MHz (nominal) has an intermittent rogue user end device or nodal imbalance that L3/Networks or SNR noise busters are still pursuing?

Regards Tony
DEFROCKED

Another 2 working days without VM response-  no surprise to me or readers! So I’ll continue with updates for another month and then (after 25yrs avoiding it) will start new year 2023 by raising a series of formal complaints via Complaints Process and multiple 150 calls!

Meantime here’s today’s clues:

DD880170-6959-441C-AF69-6A1391E1728D.png75390EDD-9D3E-45F5-8760-78E5A0AA1817.png

T3’s (not shown) on 2 & 3 US probably explain VM upgrade work wed14th…….?

Regards Tony
DEFROCKED

Quick summary as apart from difference in Connected Devices the rest of stats remain well within satisfactory performance:

Hub3(h/w v10,  s/w v9.1.2109.200) BRIG19 IP 81.*.*.156,  Todays uptime 3days

725BBC3B-49CE-4C9A-B62B-31EBD16F19FE.png7908B8CC-87DA-4693-844E-30687EAB4668.png39929487-EF68-4FF3-8FE3-AE6296A9F051.jpeg97DA5F22-12B3-43A9-8802-1E1FA5D67258.png0A46CDD1-4266-49A9-8987-0EA4207F3ABE.jpeg3A95F238-4C39-4E49-9C53-CCEEE16BBE01.jpeg

Regards Tony
DEFROCKED