cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

10 - 20% packet loss since yesterday evening

alstr
Joining in

Seem to be getting harsh packet loss when playing games, browsing the internet and streaming media.

Started monitoring packet loss in the last hour and it's still continuing.

I'm in the WF6 area.

alstr_1-1683148263623.png

4 REPLIES 4

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @alstr 

Have you used the /check-services/i  function? You can also a run a test on your equipment from there. If nothing is showing  you could also try the  Service Status number  0800 561 0061.  This often gives details of more local issues down to postcode level.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi there,

Thanks for the reply! Seems that when I hit that page, my router completely loses internet connection and required a full restart.. ( could have been a coincidence ) I get the following message on that page:

alstr_0-1683202172056.png

Edit: Just called that number, they are doing work in my area apparently and expect it to be resolved at 6.. fingers crossed..

Despite calling the number again today, they have said there are no issues in my area now, and this problem is still persisting, getting even worse packet loss this evening. Anything you guys suggest?

Hey alstr,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your connection at the moment, how has your connection been running since you last posted, have you seen any improvements since your last post?

Kind Regards,

Steven_L