cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BN3 7N? Updates Mon 13th (assume 1GBps upgrade) placeholder

horseman
Alessandro Volta

VM email advisement of local (Hove) upgrade after weekend with typically no further usefull detail offered so I’m assuming it’s part of 1GBps rollout?

I monitor several Hub3’s on same cable segment (7060 ?) so this is a placeholder in case It goes “pear shaped”:

45AD2254-8277-4065-A04D-8E6C852E3D07.png5ADEABB7-BAA8-457C-A56B-A3CD4334A81D.png

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/554536fa212e1a842d8fcd954fe0c404c7... 

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/e523ab5975e7a037c54fa2651bb9292455...

Regards Tony
"Life is a Binary Inspired Turing Computed Hologram"(don't PM or @Mention me - in case ignoring you offends)
DEFROCKED
137 REPLIES 137

@horseman wrote:

@Tom_W1 wrote:

Hi @horseman thanks for your reply.

1. We have a number of diagnostics we run using different tools and software which check your network, which is what we've exhausted in our previous reply to you
  2. When you say you've lost all remote contact to your Hub, are you fully offline at the moment?
  3. Can you perhaps provide a screenshot of what lights are currently showing on your Hub?

Reply/comments:

2. No “smart devices” and Amazon echo devices accessible but TBB/BQM resumed 4:30pm on 13thJune! 

3. NO - OK did kick the seagulls off roof of our Selsey beach hut but even with my x20 binocs I couldn’t see my Hub 38(road) miles away in Hove… (the clue is in “remote access” 😛 )

1. Unless your “number of diagnostics” and “different tools and software” are still reporting/diluted by “traffic light” system then it would be far more helpful to confirm or comment on following:

1.1 Has my Public IP changed?

1.2 Has my remote access port changed? (Also tried 8443 default)

1.3 My hypothesis is my remaining v1.0 Hub3 with 10 devices is “resource constrained”? Before April this year I could also use comparative diags on my trial v1.1 Hub3 and move end devices to investigate further.

So I return home Wed22 pm…… and find:

1. My downstairs sockets (& thus VM HUB3) had tripped breaker- netlog points to 6June. UPS & mobile monitoring had failed. Totally my fault (suspect lightning/power surge) but likely  nothing related to VM………but…
  2. Obviously from 6June to 13June then Public IP had been replaced from 81.98.*.182 from DHCP pool on BRIG19 for my cable segment to new IP 81.98.*.156 !!!

Come on guys….. your management has already warned you I’m an arrogant sob but you already had the answer in 1.1 above!!!

Not much improvement from (technically) encouraging your Matrix court predecessors back in 2009/2010 when we started this website with lots of Latin quips and a good laugh reciting DOCSIS THEORY…..    😛 

Regards Tony
"Life is a Binary Inspired Turing Computed Hologram"(don't PM or @Mention me - in case ignoring you offends)
DEFROCKED

Well rotflmao…..  today (25June2022 ad….) I receive this snail mail advice from VM Customer Complaints Sunderland that took 8 days to vomit into my letterbox in Hove….  😛

F6E94670-03AA-40AB-A6B2-B69899A2F529.jpeg

How coincidental having illustrated the last 6months of incompetency of VM management which I’ve already resolved….. (or perhaps not?).

OK 10 / 10 for notifying user…..   could have been 11 /10 if VM had used online email as backup as well?

Note the VM Service Status tip….. which doesn’t mention this…… nor the 0800 5610061 which also omits this…… <groan> ….. 2decades + and still VM are struggling …..

Regards Tony
DEFROCKED

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Had to have a laugh about the omission of the 0800 number, the web page is nearly useless.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

horseman
Alessandro Volta

@Tudor wrote:

Had to have a laugh about the omission of the 0800 number, the web page is nearly useless.

A sense of humour is a bonus when dealing with some of the numerous asinine mid/senior management approaches over the decades because the “coal face” workers have consequently no “open objectivity” if they want to retain their career  aspirations!  😛

Personally find it difficult to refocus solely on technical objectivity of pursuing Hub3.10 router objectivity when there are some older “legacy” users that continually preaching abandoning router mode to use modem mode with a 3rd party router yet reveal no technical comparative argument to support their findings from numerous trial participations?

Of course any credible triallists are restricted by VM NDA’s but curiously this is not mentioned by a few more vocal (but less technically knowledgeable ) participants…..   😞

So returning to Hub3.1.0 I’m exploring “ resource constraints” by incrementally retesting 7 to 13 end devices prior to VM “segment upgrades” published previously above. 😉   

I await and encourage any participating users on BRIG19 and segment BN37N* (Cable 7060?) that have also received update notice for 30June disruption from VM. 

Regards Tony
DEFROCKED

Another month (and another notification from VM about updating local network on 20thJuly from 00:01 to 08:00 am).

After which having returned from our Beach Hut we’re still only experiencing 4/5 connections but TBB/BQM has started to repeat “red walls of death” although F8LURE @ MOUSELIKE….  Only displays 1 or 2 isolated outages on both its two hosting servers. This seems to link to when I’ve repeatable re-installed VM CONNECT (IOS version) - which conversely shows all 10-12 end devices that I’d expect to see also on Hub3 gui/logs.

This appears to indicate continuing “apparent resource constraints” within Hub3 firmware and v10 hardware versions along with anomalies interacting with latest version VM CONNECT .  Again this still requires providing all supportive detail that I continue to record but is ignored by Level2/3 software development due to mid/senior management/marketing political pressures…

Let’s see if VM Forum will request further evidential diagnostic detail to warrant my effort in either PM exchange of raw data or disproportionate censoring to redact that is required for public forum t&c’s.?

Regards Tony
DEFROCKED

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @horseman,

Thanks for popping an update on this. Sorry to hear you're still having problems with your service. I'm going to drop you a PM so we can get somebody out to take a look at this for you.

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Having discussed symptoms with FT here via PM/DM, Isaac duly arrived at appointed time but because I required(as discussed with FT) guarantee that any Hub change would work with existing WiFi (super)Pods Isaac was thus limited (by management apparently) to:

1. Removing additional (Unused but terminated) splitter that previously assisted Trial V11 Hub3.0 Router connection.
  2. Replacing patch RG59 with slightly longer cable from internal wall box to existing splitter (V6 + v10 Hub3)
  3. Replaced inline connector in external omnibus that was potentially corroded.
  4. Replaced PSU with updated model.

Excellent service for what he was allowed to do so hopefully FT will pass on my thanks to his management as I don’t seem to have been invited to provide usual feedback survey?

Unfortunately (& perhaps predictably) the Hub 3(v10) still only displays 5Wifi + 1 Ethernet devices compared to  all 12 shown via VM CONNECT Application and requires rebooting Hub3 between 7-10days in order to reset (Red-wall-of-Death) TBB/BQM stall (alternate f8lure@mouselike…. Works correctly).
Thus I still suspect Hub3v10 has a systemic resource limitation that VM won’t bother to resolve till at least Hub5/6…..or far later.

Regards Tony
DEFROCKED

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey horseman, thanks for the posts and updates on this issue you had with your hub and performance.

Glad to hear it's been resolved now after our engineer attended the visit and did some cabling work there, would you like to update us on how things look since your last post on Sunday?
Also, happy to assist further in case you're still facing any issues related to this.

Let us know.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

horseman
Alessandro Volta

@Adri_G wrote:

Hey horseman, thanks for the posts and updates on this issue you had with your hub and performance.

Glad to hear it's been resolved now after our engineer attended the visit and did some cabling work there, would you like to update us on how things look since your last post on Sunday?
Also, happy to assist further in case you're still facing any issues related to this.

Let us know.

SUMMARY

1. Original SNR has been resolved since 9Sept22.
  2. However Voicemail & Voicemail+ no longer functional with 21CV Hub function (probably related to incompatibility with Call Forwarding/Divert which worked previously via POTS TELE)
  3. Costs reduced from ~£84 to ~£81 pcm.
  4. Speed increased to 287 & 27 mbps (part of WiFi guarantee?)
  5. Hub3 Connections only show 5-7 devices connected versis 10/11 displayed on VM Connection (iOS app)

DETAIL(tl:dr)

• Regular Speedtest, SamKnows,nPerf,TBB/BQM and Hub310 logs/config available over last year the SNR issue outstanding.(raw output only available to ForumTeam/L2 due to forum t&c restrictions)
  • Latest stats can be sanitised & published for forum if requested.

CONCLUSION/Ongoing

• Continuing to investigate item 5 above….
  • Awaiting ForumTeam response to item 2 above/raise separate linked Landline problem.
  • SNR and network upgrade delays about usual year to resolve is par for the course on my Hove cable segment based on my 2 decades of monitoring and for the cheap price of subscription for all services difficult to empathise with those experiencing totally negative outlook.

Regards Tony
DEFROCKED

@horseman wrote: …………

SUMMARY

1. Original SNR has been resolved since 9Sept22.
  2. However Voicemail & Voicemail+ no longer functional with 21CV Hub function (probably related to incompatibility with Call Forwarding/Divert which worked previously via POTS TELE)
  3. Costs reduced from ~£84 to ~£81 pcm.
  4. Speed increased to 287 & 27 mbps (part of WiFi guarantee?)
  5. Hub3 Connections only show 5-7 devices connected versis 10/11 displayed on VM Connection (iOS app)

………….

CORRECTION (ref item4)

4. Originally this unsolicited increase to my M200/20 tier was observed on 7Sept22 but now received email (2/11/22) to formally announce I’m now on free M250 upgrade tier.

Regards Tony
DEFROCKED