cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loss of 2.4 ghz WiFi

Bob_TheBaldie
Joining in

Hi , i was wondering if anybody was having the same issue as me.

Last Sunday i discovered my Hub 3 wasn’t transmitting a 2.4ghz signal . After trying to fix it myself , i phoned Virginmedia . After a lengthy conversation and trying various things, a pin hole reset sorted my problem.

This week , the same again , no 2.4ghz signal. Tried a pin hole reset , still didn’t work.Rang virgin and got though to a call centre in a far off land . To my surprise, after recent interactions haven’t been so good , the young lady i was dealing with got straight to it. She sent out an update and after another reset , all was well again .

why is this happening, do they do updates overnight on a Saturday? 
i won’t be happy if it happens again next week.

in the meantime , they’ve offered me a new router as my Hub 3 is 6 years old.

apart from the last 2 weeks , it’s worked well. I’m inclined to  think its their system and not necessarily my router.

Are the newer routers any good?

the last time i agreed to an upgrade i got a TV 360 box and i regretted it ever since .

5 REPLIES 5

Hosay299
Superfast

Hi what router have they said u would get ??

i have just joined the tv side and so far it fine

Daniel_Et
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Bob_TheBaldie, thank you for your post.

We're sorry to hear about the problem you've been experiencing 😔

How have things been since you posted? Also, have you tried following all the suggestions provided in this thread here

Please pop back to us at your earliest convenience.

Regards,
Daniel

Hi Daniel

its been ok so far , but it only seems to happen on Sunday mornings .

customer services are ringing me this Sunday to check everything is running ok. Which i thought was nice .

ive looked at the thread.  I think I’ve tried most of the suggestions . My 2.4 ghz network was saying it was enabled , but a WiFi analyser APP showed it wasn’t . When i disabled it and then tried to re- enable it would throw up an error . Hopefully the update that was sent last Sunday has sorted it . 

They haven’t told me which one they’d send.

that’s why i asked if the  routers/hubs are any good . Then i know which one to avoid .

Hi Bob_TheBaldie, 

Thanks for coming back and updating us on things. 

We're glad things seem to be working for now although I suppose Sunday will be the true test. Keep us posted on how things go and update the thread then 🙂

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs