cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2.4GHZ and 5GHZ on Hub 5

pcbcox
Joining in

I have just installed a new hub 5 and all worked OK. However it only enables 5GHz devices to be connected. I have a number of 2.4GHz devices to be connected. 

I have a TP Link extender which WPS connected to the hub without problem but  shows only the 5GHz is connected. 

I logged onto the Hub dashboard and it says that both are enabled 

When I installed the old hub 3 it connected both 2.4GHz and 5GHz automatically and this showed on the extender.

Has any one else experienced this?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

carl_pearce
Community elder

You may need to disable 5GHz initially, then connect your 2.4Ghz devices, then re-enable 5Ghz.

Client62
Legend

Did Carl's advice work, or is this another defective Hub 5 where 2.4Ghz is enabled in the Hub's menu but is not working ?

Hi Carl

Thanks for the response

I reset  the hub so that both 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands were renamed and separate. I managed  to find a posting on You Tube that shows how to do this after a lot of searching

I then reset the extender and but set it up using the App rather than using WPS.

This worked a treat and all is working perfectly.

Hi Client62

I think Carl's advice would have worked. The hub5 was set with both enabled but there seems to be a glitch with the hub that stops the extender recognizing there are separate channels. The old hub3 was set up like this but worked ok. This seems to be a common occurrence with the hub5 as there are plenty of instances on various sites on the web. Having looked at comparisons of hub on the web none of the VM hubs get good ratings.