Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 38 kudos

Not able to manage Web Safe setting

Hi, I’ve started to use Virgin Media broadband recently. But when I try to manage the web safe setting, the website would just keep on loading forever without progressing to the next interface. I’ve tried it on serval devices already. Is there any wa...

Removal of Virgin Media cabel

Hi, My tenants had Virgin Media installed without my permission.Unfortunately the engineer has drilled through the wall of the listed building which would require planning - although this would not be granted.  (NOTE : anll other installs in other fl...

sadlerk by Joining in
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Advised I would be sent Pods but no details.

Hii was advised last week that I would be sent some pods to resolve the Black spot in the house.  Said I would get a text with courier details, but I’ve not received any message yet.  Should I have been sent a reference ? many thanks 

Stevemx by Joining in
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Super Hub 3 reboots / resets itself frequently

I am having nonstop issues with the Super hub 3 router that keeps resetting rebooting itself since the past few weeks. All wired and wifi connections drop until the reboot is complete and then everything starts working again. This happens at least 7-...

badger999 by Tuning in
  • 299 replies
  • 3 kudos

No welcome email

I've signed up and been using the broadband at my house, but never got a welcome email with an account code so I can't register a virgin account.

Terrible download speed via battle net and steam

Ive been getting on average 200kbps download speed when downloading on battle net and Steam, which is absolutely dogshit for the wifi plan im on (Im on the 1gb plan) this is terrible as im not even getting 1mbp so im practically being **bleep** scamm...

konda855 by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Internet

I've had no internet now since the 8 of July and I've got to wait intill the 24 for then to fix this issue so I'm not paying my bill tomorrow 

Daily Intermittent Disconnects

Since the start of the year the reliability of the network has been steadily declining and it's now reached a point where it is becoming almost impossible to WFH, with frequent outages causing dropped calls in meetings adn in ability to access cloud ...

mdc999 by Tuning in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos