cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Existing Netflix account

thedavegray
On our wavelength

Hi, 

I have an existing Netflix account which I have let the subscription expire.  Part of my Virgin Media 

package includes Netflix but I am not sure how to use this in the TV app? 

Both Virgin Media and Netflix have the same email address registered but when I try to use this on my TV app then Netflix just asks me to re-subscribe. 

So basically, how do I link the "free" Netflix account I get with Virgin. 

Thanks 

* Possibly yhe wrong group but I could not see any groups that obviously matched. 

21 REPLIES 21

thedavegray
On our wavelength

Hi, 

I had a paid Netflix account before signing up to Virgin media but it's not been used in a while.  

Can I not just delete this on Netflix and then start again with the same address?

Thanks 

As you have already had an account using the Email you would need to use a different one.

Regards

Paul.

Hi, 

I selected Neflix premium on the first screen and after entering my (new) email and new password I see no options saying Virgin media. 

thedavegray_0-1687602763632.png

You only get the standard Netflix as part of the package, are you setting this up Via your set top box, if not it will not work?

Regards

Paul.

Hi Paul, 

No I was doing it in my browser.  I will do it on the setop box as you said. 

Thanks 

Make sure you sign out of the existing one first, use a different Email and when asked select payment Via Virgin Media Payments.

Regards

Paul.

Because the Netflix app on my Amazon stick is remembering the old email address I cannot change it.  Maybe I need to login with this old email and force a sign out (though I'm not actually signed in).  Might be worth deleting the old Netflix account, not sure .

Will try and reply back here. 

Thanks 

No problem at all, please let us know how you get on.

Regards

Paul.

thedavegray
On our wavelength

Looks like because I did this on the web and selected premium, I'm stuck in the loop of it wanting payment and no option for virgin media. So will need another new email address?

What a faff Netflix have made this.  Not being able to recycle your old address is a pain..

Thanks 

Try signing up for a Gmail or Google email then try setting a Netflix account with that Via the set top box App.

Regards

Paul.