cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old account stopping me registering new account

vmoy8343
Joining in

I've moved house and been provided with a new virgin media account number. I want to register the new account with my existing email address. Is this possible?

12 REPLIES 12

vmoy8343
Joining in

Hi, I have the same issue could I have some assistance please 

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello vmoy8343

Sorry to hear of the issues setting up the online account for your new account, we appreciate you raising this via the forums and welcome to the community.

We can see you have spoken to the team recently in regards to this, they have raised this to be investigated by the support team. These investigations can take up to five working days to complete, please try again after this timescale and let us know if the issue has been resolved.

If not, we'll be happy to look into this further.

Rob

I did originally raise this issue other a week ago - but the support team only created a ticket for it on Saturday when I chased them again

If you can chase this for me that would be great as the service I am getting isn't great and the length of time it is taking is ridiculous for a very simple change 

Hey vmoy9343, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear this.

An IT ticket can take 5 working days so this should be done by Friday sometimes it can take a little longer.

Only the backend team that can do this, you can set an account up with an new and different email if you wish. Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Well I raised the issue over a week and a half ago and the IT ticket wasn't raised straight away for this issue.

I can't set it up with another email address because 1. I tested it and my account is already registered to my email address I use when I go through the register process with my new account details 2. I don't want to use another email address.

I'm sure you don't get this kind of poor customer service at the likes of Sky and BT.

I am sorry to hear this, normally it does take 5 working days and from time to time it can take a littler longer, the team will be looking into this and they will reach out when its been completed.

When its with the IT team, there is nothing else we can do as we can't access the backend like they can do. 

In the meantime if you want to know anything from your account such as how much your bill with me I can help with this, just let us know. Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Am having similar problem and with a wrong account number and I have had 4 I.T tickets and 3 phone calls about it but no results, they have to delete the details and email so that you can register again, but nobody in the I.T department seems to know how to do this, am giving it one more call back and if it's not sorted I'll be cancelling my  Virgin media and going back to B T 

Hey MikeReid1969, thank you for reaching out and I am so sorry to hear this.

I can see you've been speaking to the team about this very recently. I hope they managed to give you an update on this? Cheers  

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

vmoy8343
Joining in

Still no update from the IT team - chased several times originally raised this issue over 2 weeks ago now

Can you talk to your team to get them to sort this for me please???