cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Existing Netflix account

thedavegray
On our wavelength

Hi, 

I have an existing Netflix account which I have let the subscription expire.  Part of my Virgin Media 

package includes Netflix but I am not sure how to use this in the TV app? 

Both Virgin Media and Netflix have the same email address registered but when I try to use this on my TV app then Netflix just asks me to re-subscribe. 

So basically, how do I link the "free" Netflix account I get with Virgin. 

Thanks 

* Possibly yhe wrong group but I could not see any groups that obviously matched. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You only get the standard Netflix as part of the package, are you setting this up Via your set top box, if not it will not work?

Regards

Paul.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

21 REPLIES 21

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @thedavegray,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post and I'm sorry to hear that this has been your experience with our Netflix services!

Can you tell us a little more about your Netflix included package. Is this a new package you recently signed up for?

Did you receive any emails from us about the activation of this Netflix account? Please check your online account to see if there is a Netflix Activation button anywhere which you can activate your services through.

Take a look and let us know how you get on.

Thank you!

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi,  

Yes there is a button to activate Netflix, however when I attempt to activate the service I get this: 

Sorry, something’s gone wrong! We’re having some technical issues. Please try again later.

I have tried quite a few times with long gaps in between. 

I also have an email from Virgin saying I need to activate Netflix, but when I click on the 

link in the email I get this: 

Sorry, something went wrong.

Please go back to the Virgin Media website and try again.

Hi thedavegray, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one. We're sorry to hear that neither the email link or the link in My VM is working for you. 

The email link may have expired however the Netflix tile in My VM should still work. Can you please try deleting the cache and cookies on your browser before trying again? 

If this still doesn't work, we'll need to raise this to IT. To do this I will need to confirm some details with you so I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hello

I know it's been months but can I re-open this please? 

I have exactly the same error message as I did in Oct 2022 and I have cleared my cache and cookies lots of times since then. 

I cannot access Netlfix at all. 

Thanks 

In fact I have tried this in Chrome (and igcognito), MS Edge and Firefox and it's exactly the same error. 

Seems like the url is wrong/broken to me. 

Thanks 

Hey @thedavegray thanks for reaching out to us on the Virgin Media forums. 👋🏼

I'm sorry to hear you're facing this issue again with the Netflix enrolment. 😞
I will assist you on this and get the support required, I will send a private message.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

Thanks for speaking with us today @thedavegray on the forums.

I'm sorry to hear that this Netflix saga has continued.
We have on our end filled out the Netflix activation form and hope to have a manual link sent to you via email which will allow the Netflix services to work.

Feel free to reach out to us for any query you may have.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

Hi, I've not received anything from Netflix as yet, should I have?

Thanks

Hi thedavegray,

Thank you for reaching back out, can I ask as you already had a previously Netflix account have you first signed out on the box then click register, you must also use a different Email address, once you set this up and get to the payment option you should get a prompt saying payment Via Virgin Media.

Regards

Paul.